Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 09:35 PM

We are sailing this Sunday on Rhapsody. My son has a 5"-6" knife (closed) that he always carries with him -- to him it is his "pocket-knife". Will it arrive in our room if he puts it in his luggage that they check? In his carry-on bag?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:45 AM
Administrator

Something like that needs to be in checked luggage, if brought at all. I assume you are talking about a Buck knife or something similar. Something like that is sure to get you some extra attention by security at the pier if it is in a carry on bag. I'd strongly urge him to leave the "pocket knife" home this time. There really isn't any need for it aboard a ship and carrying it in some of the ports of call could land him in serious trouble.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:42 AM

Dave,

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:49 PM

Leave it home!! I just got a phone call from our first time cruiser friends. Wife was called to purser and then excorted OFF ship to inspect her luggage. Seems her husband had put a lg pair of scissors in there at the last minute. ( this was checked in luggage at airport) they thought it was a knife and said they would have to take scissors anyway, would get it at end of cruise. She was SO embarrased and I'm sure her husband is paying for the embarrassment NOW!

Susan from Indiana
Old 06-19-2006, 11:24 AM

Are crossbows ok ?

Old 06-20-2006, 12:13 PM

Dang are y'all going hunting or on a cruise?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:36 PM

Hi Mike,
can you explain, why your son needs his knife on a cruise????? He will have other things to play with on your cruise.
Security will confiscate it, I am sure.
Make him an other present, maybe a pocket game.
Regards
Uwe
Old 06-21-2006, 09:47 AM

There is also the question of airline security - it'll never get past in his pocket or his carry-on.

I have a 2" swiss combo/knife/sissors/nail file that was confiscated - it's on my keyring and I forgot about it. It cost me $15 to ship it back to myself (more than it's worth but for the sentimental value).

Don't know for sure, but TSA might also question it if they see it as it passes the scanners for checked luggage.

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, caribbean, carnival, carry, check, checked, cruise, knife, knives, large, luggage, okay, pocket, royal, ship, sissors