Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2003, 07:23 PM

I know that the recommended tipping per person is $9/day. Do you have to pay that for a 3 and 12 year old?
Old 08-09-2003, 07:23 PM

I know that the recommended tipping per person is $9/day. Do you have to pay that for a 3 and 12 year old?
Old 08-10-2003, 10:08 AM

Tipping is certainly at your discretion. But, generally, YES, you should tip per person (no matter what the age). Your children are still eating, drinking, sleeping, bathing, etc. Actually, having traveled with children, they often use more of the facilities and services than do adults (i.e. Youth programs and activities, for which you are not expected to tip; special meal requests that the staff try to honor to please the children; room service; extra bedding, towels, that need to be cleaned and refreshed). The staff will work very hard to make sure your children have a wonderful time - reward them accordingly.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-12-2003, 05:36 PM

I agree with Nancy. Remember how hard you work at home with your kids? Think of the work the crew will put into helping make this a fun vacation for ALL of your family.
Tip the same.

Dana

Sovereign of the Seas 12/22/02
Sovereign of the Seas 04/27/03

Sovereign of the Seas 9/4 and 9/7

Sovereign of the Seas 9/4 and 9/7
Old 11-28-2004, 01:51 PM

Regarding tipping $9/per person/daily...I am fine with this but who do I give this tip to? As there are tons of staff helping us out....thanks for the help
quote:
Originally posted by Maria:
Old 11-28-2004, 02:55 PM

Hi,

from the RCI web site:

quote:
Tipping - So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:
Stateroom attendant: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Dining Room Waiter: $3.50 USD a day per guest
Assistant Waiter: $2.00 USD a day per guest
Headwaiter: $.75 USD a day per guest
Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion. A 15% gratuity will automatically be added to your bar bill or wine check when you are served.

Envelopes for gratuities will be provided in your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Gratuities may be paid in the following ways:
- Pre paid by having them added to your reservation by your booking agent.
- Added to your onboard SeaPass account.
- Paid in cash at the end of the cruise

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-29-2004, 07:18 AM
Banned

My wife and I were talking about this during our last cruise. There was a couple that had 3 children appearing to be under 5. The poor waiter had to handle spilled drinks, silverware and plates of food pushed off the table, all of which were replaced and waiting for the kids to place the order because the parents wanted their children to be like adults. Other waiters went over to help out and did everything posible to keep the kids occupied. It was on a Princess cruise so thankfully it was in the Personal Choice option and we were not entertained by them again. We both made the comment that these parents probably felt that they should not be charged the full TIP for their kids when in fact they should be charged more.

I know it adds up and gets expensive to travel with children but the staff really does everything to make the children comfortable and I think it is a sincere effort and not just for the TIP.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:20 AM

Last year we took our children on a 7 night cruise on RCL. In addition to the tipping the usual people, we also tipped the cruise staff working in the children's program. The staff worked very hard and our children had a wonderful time. We felt that tipping these staff members was appropriate.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribean, children, cruise, cruises, gratuities, gratuity, kid, kids, pay, royal, ships, tiiping, tip, tipping