Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 11:29 AM

Hi. I am living in Sweden and are planning to go on a cruise in the Caribbean in jan-feb 2004. I need some advise from you experienced cruisers to help me find a good and reliable travel agent. Thankful for www-links and nice tips for things that we shall have in mind before making a reservation.

P.S. We have looked at Royal Caribbean and a 11-night cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Best Regards

Henrik
Sweden
Old 08-21-2003, 11:29 AM

Hi. I am living in Sweden and are planning to go on a cruise in the Caribbean in jan-feb 2004. I need some advise from you experienced cruisers to help me find a good and reliable travel agent. Thankful for www-links and nice tips for things that we shall have in mind before making a reservation.

P.S. We have looked at Royal Caribbean and a 11-night cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas.

Best Regards

Henrik
Sweden
Old 08-21-2003, 04:46 PM

hello heindrik.
my advice to you is to purchase your cruise with
a visa card,by doing this you can take advantage of paying for the cruise in u.s.dollars or indeed the currency of the country where you find the best price.

I would say that you would find the best deal on the royal caribbean website,or a us based travel agent in the miami area who specializes in cruises.

also you will save a chunk of money by buying the cruise only i.e. without flights.by booking your own flights you can save a great deal of money,but
be aware if you are delayed on this flight the ship will not wait,so arrive one day early and stay in a hotel overnight to make sure you r there.

malcolm in the uk
Old 08-21-2003, 07:59 PM

Henrik, you don't have to confine your agent search to one in the Miami area - any agent in the US who is willing to work with you will probably do, though you should probably look for one who is a member of CLIA, and perhaps also ASTA or IATA. Someone with CLIA membership is likely to be familiar with cruising, and an agent who has experience working with non-US customers would be an extra benefit.

Malcolm is right about saving money buying your air tickets separately from the cruise line (being from Europe, you may need to do that anyway), and also about planning to arrive the day ahead. You have an advantage in that you gain time coming west, so you can pick a flight that arrives in the U.S. in the morning and have enough time to get to the port your cruise would leave from (Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, for example), and have time to rest the night before your cruise.

The advice of paying with a Visa card is also good,for protecting both you and the agent you would work with, as well as making payments easier - no international payment coupons needed, etc.
Old 08-22-2003, 10:44 AM

In person with a travel agent!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
book, caribbean, carribean, cruise, miami, ps, royal, whats