Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2007, 06:46 AM

My family is looking forward to our first cruise - Feb 19. Acouple of quick questions -
1) buy the soda card or not? ( I need a minimum of 3-4 Pepsi's per day - sorry Coke won't do)
2) since it is school vacation week and cruise is close to full should we book excursions ahead of time?
3) are there any restrictions on where we can eat - any of them have an additional cost?
4) we are taking our 12 yr old son - what does formal attire require?
5) any word on any "upgrades" being completed with "Majesty" during its monthlong drydock or is it just a paint and patch project?
6) any "survivors" of Key West Crazy Boat or White Knuckle Boat adventure willing to give a review?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer !!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 AM

Good questions. We had the same questions a few months ago before we went on our first cruise. You are going to have so much fun.

My wife and I are fans of the coke stamp. Considering we drank that many or more (at @$1.50 a coke) we thought it was a good deal. My wife drinks mainly water and milk and she does not like ice tea or many juices. That made cokes the drink of choice at dinner and our waiter kept her glass full all of the time.

Formal attire is a suit for men or a dark sport coat and a tie. You can always opt out of that on any night and eat at some of the "no cover" venues where you can eat off of a buffet or order off of their limited menu.

We planned our excursion in advance off of RCI's website which just helped in our planning and packing knowing ahead what we would do.

I can't comment on your ship since we were on the Radiance of the Seas.

I hope you enjoy and have a great time.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-02-2007, 08:52 AM

1. If you require that many sodas by all means get the soda card.

2. If there is something you are certain you want to do, I would book ahead. The shore excursions rarely sell out completely but I for one would hate to take that change on something I was sure I wanted to do anyways. If you have no idea what you would like to do, wait till you are on board and go to the presentation.

3. I don't know about the ship you are on, but most ships have some restaurants that charge a sur-charge. Of course there are always at least two that are free all the time. The regular dining room, and the buffet. Some ships have a premium private, reservation only dining room that charges a fee, and some have a chain hamburger shop, usually about $3 surcharge for all you can eat. Also coffee bars, and ben and Jerrys often cost extra.

4. If you can get a suit, or even just a jacket for your son that would be great. I think it is important for children to dress up every now and then. If he doesn't have one, or you can't afford it, a simple button up shirt and slacks should be just fine. My son is going to be wearing a sports coat and tie.

Sorry haven't done your ship or itinerary, so can't help with the rest.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:51 PM

hello,

first off yoy will love majesty of the seas..she was agreat ship before her refurbishment and i bet she is even better now.
#1 if you need that much soda by the card. they serve only coke products(sorry).#2 if there is an excursion you really want to do go ahead and book it. don't take a chance it might sell out.#3 there our no special resturants on this ship. ben&jerry's is at a extra cost.the food in the windjammer and the main dinning room is very good!we did the windjammer for breakfast and lunch.get to the port early on the embarkment day. it is like having a full day, we got there at @11:30 and eating lunch by 12:15. had our bags by 1:15 and unpacked and at the pool by 2:00.#4suit or jacket and tie.formal night is fun. don't miss it!

have a great time!

ezemoney

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by vacation bound:
My family is looking forward to our first cruise - Feb 19. Acouple of quick questions -
1) buy the soda card or not? ( I need a minimum of 3-4 Pepsi's per day - sorry Coke won't do)
2) since it is school vacation week and cruise is close to full should we book excursions ahead of time?
3) are there any restrictions on where we can eat - any of them have an additional cost?
4) we are taking our 12 yr old son - what does formal attire require?
5) any word on any "upgrades" being completed with "Majesty" during its monthlong drydock or is it just a paint and patch project?
6) any "survivors" of Key West Crazy Boat or White Knuckle Boat adventure willing to give a review?

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer !!
1. To quote the old SNL skit - "No Pepsi, Coke." I don't think I've ever seen a Pepsi product on a cruise ship.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Suits normally, but a shirt and tie will do for the 12 year old.

5. New carpet and paint. A Johnny Rockets, and some modifications to some other public areas.

6. Not worth it.

Closed Thread

Tags
luggage, majesty, seas, soda