Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 06:38 PM

i just booked my first cruise for my husband and myself. we are going july 2/06 on the grandeur out of baltimore. I have been reading lots of bad reviews about the food .and also the ship being old. do they serve things like lobster on a five day cruise? when people dress up for formal night, are they in gowns or will i feel over dressed with a very formal gown? also i get motion sick , is midship better?
Old 11-05-2005, 09:07 AM

check this site cruisedive.com.they have reviews on all ships.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:08 AM

SORRY,its cruisediva.com
Old 11-05-2005, 11:31 AM

Hi Cromsters,

Grandeur of the Seas was built in 1996, so it's younger than some ships and older than some. I've had no problem with food on Royal Caribbean, but I'm not a very fussy gourmand! There is a very wide variety of choices of food, in all dining venues, and I've had few things I haven't really liked.

I think most women are no longer wearing very formal ball gowns on the mass-market type ships. Not many tuxedos on the men, either, particularly on a 5-night cruise. There will be long dresses and short, sparkly cocktail dresses but not a lot of cotillion gowns.

If you're motion sensitive, getting a room in the middle of the deck is the best place to be, and lower down on the ship is better than higher up.

Sandy
Old 11-05-2005, 12:28 PM

cromsters,

our parent site, CruiseReviews.com, also has a large number of "Grandeur of the Seas" reviews, here.

rcclfan, please be understanding that we do not particularly like general links to other web sites. If you have a concrete link to information useful for somebody (without the need for the original poster to search for the information at a site), you are of course welcome to post it.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 11-07-2005, 01:59 PM

Hello,

Please remember that a cruise is a special kind of a vacation and that each ship has its pluses and negatives. Please do not worry unduly, as there will be plenty of good food, and a nice cabin for you. Go and have a great time and especially enjoy the sun, sky stars and the ocean
Old 11-07-2005, 02:36 PM

Fruby is right. You will most likely have a wonderful time.

Some of the comments come from people who have cruised tons of times and they become more discerning and critical with time. They know when something needs improvement. It's good we hear from them because it helps us pick cruises.

Still, I wouldn't worry about it. If you read the reviews of the Zuiderdam (Holland) you will see why I was worried about taking a family cruise on it this past May. Well, all of us had a terrific time. We'd go again in a heartbeat.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cruise, grandeur, reviews, seas, seassick