Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Hi Everyone! We recently returned from our first cruise. (AOS in a grand suite) I love cruising!!!!!! However, I think that we will be able to cruise more often if we downgrade a little bit. I definitely want a balcony. What are anyone's thoughts on a balcony or a junior suite. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:18 PM
We have only stayed in a balcony and it's perfect for us! 2 adults, can lay our snorkel gear/swim suites out to dry, etc. We love watching the ship pull into ports and the balcony price to us is not outrageous.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:25 PM

We'll be on AOS in August in a balcony room. Our only other time cruising was in a Jr. Suite on Sovereign. I'm definitely spoiled and wouldn't want anything less than a balcony in any future cruises. By looking at the stateroom pictures online, the Jr. Suite looks wider. I didn't find the extra room necessary and unfortunately, it became an area to toss things rather than a sitting area.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Oh - I just realized! If you were on the AOS, did you also do the So. Caribbean? If so - any helpful hints on what to do in port? There will be hubby, son (19) and daughter (15) besides me.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-24-2007, 02:57 PM

I think you'll be happy with a balcony. I was in an owner's suite in December and a Junior suite last month. The Junior suite was perfect. It gives you a walk-in closet and the bath room that has a tub. A D-1, 2 , or 3 balcony is the next best thing. The price difference isn't worth going up to a suite in my opinion. We had the suites because we had a free upgrade because on our diamond plus status. If I were you I would try a D-1 catagory stateroom. You can almost get two cruise to the price of a suite.

Sonny

Old 05-24-2007, 06:05 PM

This is our first cruise we will be going on and we went with an oceanview room- wondering if I should change?? The reason I picked OV was because they say you feel the motion less lower on the ship and I do not wanna be sick- should we shoot for a balcony now?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Candi, ask yourself a few questions and you'll have your answer.

1. Will the balcony make the cost of my cruise painful to my overall vacation budget?

2. Do you plan on spending a great deal of time in your cabin?

3. (On the motion sickness issue) Do you have issues in everyday life? *If riding in the back seat of a car, watching a child on a swingset, the motion makes you feel nausious you have an issue. A very small percentage of the population has issues onboard a ship this size. Remember the majority of modern cruise ships are approx 900 ft long. That's three football fields in length. Excluding extremely high seas (in excess of 8' swails) you are not likely to have problems unless you do in your daily life.

If budget is not an issue, get the balcony. If motion is still a concern get a cabin near the middle of the ship (front to back). That is more important than how high the deck is, although it's a tiny little bit more stable lower. All modern ships have stabelizers. Go have a great cruise and quit letting the little fears inside your head make you worry about it.

Next thing you know you'll be a veteran coming here to give us tips.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread