Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2006, 03:08 AM

Hi everyone. I'm going on my first cruise in about 2 weeks with my father, his girlfriend, and her two kids. I was reading posts about the ship i'm going on and one person mentioned something about leaving their luggage outside of their room the night prior to leaving. I know i'll have to leave my room by 8 am and that it will be busy, but how in the world do they expect me to have no luggage in the morning? Is this just for 'checked' bags? I have two large rolling trunks (soft sided) that i'm bringing. Can I treat these as 'carry ons' if I carry/roll them myself all morning? Also, when you first board the ship and they take your bags, do you have to wait until they take them to your room, or once they're on the ship can you pick them up sooner? I also read that someone did that, they grabbed their bags from a main room or something... Sorry it's kinda long!Thanks everyone!!! ~Kim

Caribbean Travel & Hotel Guide
Old 03-19-2006, 04:59 AM

Hello. Welcome to cruise chat. My last 2 cruises, were on the Enchantment and the Monarch. Both times, we walked our luggage on, and carried our luggage off. I guess they discourage it, althought no one ever said a word to us. I personally found it much more convenient for me and my husband. If you do leave your luggage outside your room in the am, just leave a little carrying bag/tote with you for your personal stuff to carry off. Good luck, Lil' Lori Bon Voyage!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-19-2006, 01:23 PM

Just my opinion, but it sounds like you are way overpacking for a 4nt cruise. Two large roll trunks?? I would see if you couldn't cut it down to one big bag, which you can check. Then as Lori says take a small carry on bag.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:14 PM

Thanks Lori, that's what i'll plan on doing. I'm always worried about having personal stuff out of sight. Also, I know i'm bringing alot, but i'm not a very light packer, I always bring that much. We're also traveling from Nor. Cal to So. Cal a few days ahead of time so i'll really be gone for 8 days. When I go stay with relatives during the summer and i'm gone for about 2 weeks I usually bring a duffle bag just for shoes although that is when I am just driving my own car so it's not that big of a deal. Anyway, thanks again! This forum is great!
-Kim

Caribbean Travel & Hotel Guide

Closed Thread

Tags
carry, cruise, forums, luggage, monarch, reviews, seas, ship, trip