Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2005, 05:16 PM

I am going on a western caribbean cruise in July. I have booked excursions including waverunners in Labadee, swimming with the dophins in Ocho Rios, snorkeling in Cozumel and snorkeling in Stingray City, Grand Cayman. Is there a safe place like a locker to put your belongings while you in the water?
Old 06-08-2005, 07:52 AM

Not sure about waverunners in Labadee, but most waverunners have a small storage space under the seat that you can put your IDs and towels.

Swimming with the dolphins in Ocho Rios, there are lockers for your personal items.

Stingray City, Grand Cayman - everyone is in the water at the same time as you so everyone's bags are on the boat deck. I would recommend marking your camera's with permanent marker since you will most likely see the same make/model as yours. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the information. It helps a lot.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:20 PM

We did the waverunners in Labadee several years ago and loved it, you will have lots of fun. I think it is helpfull to wear sunglasses if you do not wear glasses so that the sea spray does not get into your eyes. If you do wear sun glasses or glasses you will want to get a strap for them, they sell these at the waverunner hut but you can get them cheaper at home at your local department store.Also water shoes they sell these on the ship too but it is alot cheaper to purchase these at home.
We also did the dolphin swim in Jamica and that has to be our all time favorite shore excursion. They ask you not to wear any jewerly as it can damage the skin of the dolphin so you might want to leave that at the desk in the ship safe while you are gone. We seen a girl remove her engagement ring before getting into the water and it is not in a secured place at all, just in a bag under a bench. That made me uneasy and I am sure that she was not thrilled about it either. You will love this excrusion tho and it will be, I am sure one of the highlights of your cruise. Are you going to climb the falls too?. That was part of our excursion when we did the swim.I was not sure about that but we really enjoyed it too.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:29 AM

Yes we are doing the combo of the dolphin swim and dunns falls. I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for the info on the sunglasses. I already have my watershoes but will buy a strap for the sunglasses at home. Do you know if there is any safe place to keep things while your on the wave runner?
Old 06-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Banned

Well,
If you are not going to use all the stuff put it in your safe in your room. Does anyone know around how much $ the dunns falls and dolphin thing combined is?
Old 06-09-2005, 02:37 PM

I booked the Dunns Fall/ Dolphin swim about a month ago. I am going in July. The combo is $132.00 when booked through Royal Caribbean. If that is the cruise you are taking once you get your reservation number you can book the excursions right online.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:00 AM

On the Dolphin enounter, you aren't supposed to wear sunscreen either, as it affects their skin. Wear a nice white long sleve shirt until your encounter, and lather up afterwards.

(P.S. they have no way of knowing if you have sunscreen on or not....but it is in the best health interests of the animals, so I was told.)

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 06-11-2005, 04:11 PM

Thanks for the information. I had no idea about the sunscreen. Ill make sure not to put it on before the encounter.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:37 PM

Silverwagn: Most things we left in our in room safe. Another idea is to put small belongings in the plastic waterproof containers with clamps, and wore around your neck.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cayman, dolphin, excursion, eyeglasses, grand, island, lockers, royal, runner, sell, shoes, snorkeling, swim, valuables, water, wave