Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 04:35 AM

Hi all.. reading these posts, didn't know dinner in the main dining room was a two-hour deal... my kids are a bit older so they will probably be ok though (if I separate them ). However, I was wondering, do you get to request tables mates? In advance, can we ask for another family with kids similar in age (that would help for 2 hours), or do we just get assigned? Does Royal try to assess that on their own by any chance?
Old 10-08-2007, 08:07 AM

Royal does try to assess the table seating on their own, in fact, you may be at a table by yourself with 4 in your party. If you do not get along with your tablemates, you can always asked to be moved. I bet your kids won't mind too much, once they experience the food. Best wishes.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Royal does try and match people with the limited information they have...but mistakes happen. And by all means, if it doesn't fit just ask for a move. 17 cruises, only two moves, and they were both necessary (I was sat with a family, who didn't speak English), the Matre D is usually very accomadating, after all he may actually get a tip if the move goes very well
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 PM

Thanks Penny and Queen, very helpful. I am so ready for this cruise... first ever... I cant stand the thought of waiting till spring break....

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Dinner really doesn't take 2 hours....usually, it's an hour.....we've seen many little ones on our cruises and most do very well in the main dining room....and of course, there is always the buffet......some people feed their kids in the buffet, and then hire a baby sitter and go ALONE to the main dinner....Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 AM

Hi
We had a problem with the seating at dinner. Before we even board the ship they corrected the problem. We were 2 families traveling together and they split us. We asked them to put us together and they did that immediately. The amount of time you spent over dinner is up to you. We took about an hour.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 AM

One other thing is that the Adventure Ocean children's program on board has ways that you can sign your children up to eat dinner with them, so you won't have to worry. My wife and I took advantage of this several times, especially during the formal nights.

We found the staff in the youth programs delightful and full of energy. Don't worry that your children won't like it...after their first day there, we couldn't keep our children away from the place.

Good luck.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:32 AM

You are going to have a wonderful time. Our cruise is coming up quickly and we have always had a grand time. This will be our daughter's first cruise but she is 8 now and I think she will do well. While you may not need the 2 hours or so for dinner, with good table mates, the time will fly by. You can always request a table just for the 4 of you.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-10-2007, 01:43 PM
When we booked our cruise we requested a table for 4. When we got on board we were seated with 4 other ladies. We went right away to the matre 'd (?) they put our name on a list asking for a table for 4 only or a window table as we had originally requested. That night we got a note in our cabin saying they could not accomodate us. Of course my brother-in-law slipped him a $20 on the cruise before ours and he got the change- no problem. (I just wasn't gonna go there)
Old 11-25-2007, 09:26 PM

When my brother cruised with his young children (5y & 7y), he had the waiter bring their entree right away. While he and his wife were having appetizers and salads, the kids ate their entree. Then their mom took them to the kids club and returned for her entree and dessert.
The waiter kept her entree covered, until she returned. My sister-in-law didn't mind doing this, because she knew she would be able to enjoy the rest of her meal without dealing with children that were bored. Some nights they kept the kids in the dining room and it was hard for them to sit still. Our dinners usually lasted 1 1/2 hours. Hope all goes well for you. Relax and remember all kids act up when bored and tired of sitting in one place too long.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, attire, carribean, children, dining, room, royal, seas