Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Our group is finally booked, but not without some worry... since Christmas the demand on the NYC cruises this summer has picked up substantially. Just the two weeks since Christmas as we collected info on what everyone wanted to do (dates, cabins, etc)... rooms were flying off the shelves! We have found ourselves (family of 4) in two interior Prominade Rooms as the quad balcony rooms booked up on us. But you know what? WE DON'T CARE if it's interior or exterior... we're going for NINE big nights on VOYAGER!!! YAY!!!

For us it will be a first time cruising and we can't wait. Our group is a mix of first timers and vets, but for me I'm already anxious for this trip. Looking at the brouchures of Voyager has me drooling... and the reviews I've found online have been nothing short of tremendous!

Tick... tock... tick... tock... is it August yet?

If anyone has any suggestions or comments to help us out, let me know. I'll be reading reviews and comments from now till 8/27 in preparation!!!

Thanks... BUZZ
Old 01-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Our group is finally booked, but not without some worry... since Christmas the demand on the NYC cruises this summer has picked up substantially. Just the two weeks since Christmas as we collected info on what everyone wanted to do (dates, cabins, etc)... rooms were flying off the shelves! We have found ourselves (family of 4) in two interior Prominade Rooms as the quad balcony rooms booked up on us. But you know what? WE DON'T CARE if it's interior or exterior... we're going for NINE big nights on VOYAGER!!! YAY!!!

For us it will be a first time cruising and we can't wait. Our group is a mix of first timers and vets, but for me I'm already anxious for this trip. Looking at the brouchures of Voyager has me drooling... and the reviews I've found online have been nothing short of tremendous!

Tick... tock... tick... tock... is it August yet?

If anyone has any suggestions or comments to help us out, let me know. I'll be reading reviews and comments from now till 8/27 in preparation!!!

Thanks... BUZZ
Old 01-10-2004, 02:27 PM

You are going to love the Voyager and although I love my balcony, a promenade view comes in a close second. It provides a different kind of experience, but totally enjoyable. You will also find that having 2 rooms gives everyone that little bit a extra space that may be well appreciated over a 9 day period. Great itinerary too!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-04-2004, 09:23 AM

Hi!!We are booked on same cruise for July 30th!The two tours I booked so far are not with RCI, but cheaper and less people. We also have two promenade rooms on 7th deck. This is our first cruise (two kids - 13 and 14 1/2) and it took me days to talk my husband into it. I picked the voyager because he thinks there's nothing to do. If anyone is out there with comments about voyager, excursions, western caribbean, embarkation, please let me know and thanks!!! I'll try to remember to update you when we get back for your sail on 8/27!
Doreen
Old 07-05-2004, 06:52 AM

Hi Doreen.... that's really cool that you have basically the same trip and rooms we have! I look forward to any info you can provide upon your return.

We have a couple going with us that have cruised a number of times, including on Mariner of the Seas, which is one of the sister ships of Voyager. The way they tell it, boredom is only available to those that like doing nothing. They say the ship is so big and there's so much to see and do. They are hooked and basically talked us into giving it a try.

Wow... you're only a few weeks away!! We are counting the days now... 7 weeks and 4 days to go for us!

Have fun!!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:04 PM

Hey Beachbuzzard, I see that you posted the 1,000th topic to the RCI board. I am going to send you a CruiseReviews.com baseball cap for that. Wear it on your cruise and you will be surprised at how well you will be treated.

E-Mail me you mailing address to

CruiseReviews at aol.com (format like an e-mail address)

Tom
Old 08-16-2004, 07:56 AM

Wow... I haven't been in here in a while and found this!! I'll get a email out to you now, Tom. I don't know if there's enough time to mail me that cap, but if you get it out soon it should get here in time.

Thanks!!!!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:07 AM

Congratulations! I am sure Tom will be able to deliver the hat to you before you depart. Make sure you wear it and report back to us on its effect. I have to share that when I wear mine I am treated with extra special care and attention. Don't let them know you won it - just don't say anything and let them assume you are part of the staff <VBG>! Enjoy the cruise.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-20-2004, 02:30 AM

The hat came in... thanks Tom!!! I can't wait to see how staff and crew react to me having it on! And of course you all will be treated to my review upon return. I actually look forward to sharing our experiences... hopefully all positive... with you all in a few weeks.

We have made our final excursion selections... much of which came from threads in this forum and over in the portreviews site. Our group is 13 people, so making excursion selections was a group brainstorm.. we mostly wanted to do things together. With that in mind, our gang will be doing the following:

Labadee: We have decided to book nothing there and just decide when we get there if we want to pay extra for things. My kids are waterpark experts, so we fear pre-paying $15 for an hour of waterpark they might find too small for their liking could be a waste. Better to go see and then pay, I doubt they'll be shut out once we get there if they decide they want to do it. Same goes for parasailing. We want to see the operation first.

Ochos Rios: Well, we decided to venture out on our own here. I actually talked with Phil Lafayette on the phone and we've decided to take the tour with him to Dunns River Falls. This is a gut feel on my part, but I really think we're going to enjoy him. Reviews have confirmed that he's a wonderful guide, so we're going with that.

Grand Cayman: Again, we are veering from the RC excursions and going with Captain Marvin's for a half day of snorkling. Cost is only part of the issue. I just don't like being part of the huge crowd... I like being a little different. My gang agrees. Portreviews.com helped with this one also.

Grand Bahama: Here we will split up some... us guys are off to Our Lucayan Resort for a round of golf. We had to book that on our own as RC doesn't have an excursion set up with them. Most of the rest are going to go do the dolphin experience. We are booking that excursion with RC.

There you have it. Can't wait to let you know how it all works out!!!! We sail one week from today!

Take care.... BUZZ (Alex)
Old 08-20-2004, 03:07 AM

Alex,
I am so glad the hat arrived in time - wear it and enjoy your cruise. Sounds like you have everything pretty well mapped out for the trip. I will look forward to readig your review when you return.
Bon Voyage!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
cruises, nycnj