Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2006, 04:02 PM

RC stated that their rates were better when booking with them because the have no hidden costs. But after looking at AAA.com, they seem to cover the same charges, but a hundred dollars less per person. Does this seem too good to be true?
Old 09-03-2006, 04:50 PM

No, It very well could be. AAA blocks out space on 100's of sailings and gets group rates. Many other agency's belong to consortiums that do the same thing. Most of the reservation agents that work for the cruise lines are very inexperienced at what they do. They are order takers. Most have very little cruising experience themselves.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:29 AM

hello

i have used aaa to book both of my cruises.
they have been great. for our cruise in march 07 rci sent us a coupon for $$ off and when we paid it off aaa gave us another discount!! then if you have any problems or questions they will be there for you. also their insurance is cheaper. hope this helps.

happy cruising!

ezemoney

Caribbean Reviews

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-04-2006, 08:21 AM

I always call or check the web site with Royal Caribbean to get the prices. I still go through my travel agent which doesn't change the price. Prices can change almost weekly. If you know what the cruise lines would charge you direct, and you get a better price through AAA, I'd say you can't go wrong. We all know AAA has a good reputation and can be trusted. I'm looking for a good deal for another cruise next month. If I find something, I'll check the price I get with what the price would be with AAA. Never hurts to shop around...

Sonny
Old 09-04-2006, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the replies! This is a first cruise for daughter and I (18th b-day + high school graduation present) and I want everything to be great with no worries! After reading through so many tips, we chose RC for our cruise. Now waiting to see how much money I can save! Teachers don't make too much you know!

Closed Thread

Tags
aaa, caribbean, cruise, cruises, discount, forum, line, mediterranean, powered, price, rates, review, reviews, royal, ships, travel, vbulletin