Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2005, 11:31 AM

hi everyone looks like theres a few going on this date where you all from cant wait to go now its my first cruise{14 nts} i see the iternay has changed and it isnt going to mexico now i still dont understand the tipping process do you get evenlopes at the end of your cruise as im doing east and west is this classed as 2 seprate cruises do i get 2 lots of evenlopes or someone said it gets added to a card each day but i dont agree with this principle as i belive that its more personell when giving it to them yourself wats the weather going to be like this time of year as here in the uk its getting cold now and am ready for some rays regards kev
Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 PM

On our last cruise, tips were added to our charge card. We liked it because it meant we had to carry less cash. We've always found the service to be exceptional on every cruise we've taken and we've always tipped more than the suggested amount. On this last cruise, at the end, we just handed additional cash to our waiters and room steward and others who'd made our cruise wonderful.

I understand the theory of pooling the tips for those individuals behind the scenes who would not be tipped. I question whether our waiters and room steward had to turn in the extra cash to the pool. I hope not because it was our intention for them to keep the money.

I've heard of others who pass out cash during the week and I'm wondering if this might be better and more likely to stay with the ones you want to receive it.

I think your weather will be in the low to mid eighties and sunny most of the time.

You are going to have the time of your life!

Old 11-16-2005, 04:47 PM

Hi Kev,
I am from the Cleveland, OH area and will be on the Navigator Nov. 26. Where are you from? Like you, I am looking for some warm weather and beach time! If its sunny - you will be able to find me at the pool (or in the jacuzzi) and I will be wearing my CruiseReviews baseball cap - stop by and say "hi"/
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-19-2005, 09:30 AM

Hello all!
Where did you get that cool countdown clock?
I will be on the Navigator on the 26th. Want to know what to do in Haiti. I would like to get into something with the locals, rather than just the Labadee beach thing. Any suggestions?

Wendi
Old 11-19-2005, 04:45 PM

Wendi,
About the best you can hope for in Labadee is RC's Kayak Adventure. Since this is RC's private beach you do not have access to any part other part of the island. The kayak adventure will at least allow you to explore the bay, but it still isn't "The Real Haitian Experience".
Nancy

ps - Where is Eldorado Springs?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-20-2005, 07:29 PM

When we were there a few years back, we found the Haitian craft sellers to be very aggressive. They hand you things you don't want, ask what you'll pay for them and then act offended if you don't buy them. The sad thing is that I wanted to buy some crafts but didn't because they were so pushy.

There is a really nice shop behind the craft stalls and those are easy people to chat with. Other than that, I think you should try to meet the locals at some other port. Enjoy the beach at Lebadee.

Closed Thread

Tags
navigator, seas, steven, steward