Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2003, 12:12 PM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 12:12 PM

My fiance and I are looking at 2 different cruises. I would like opinions on them, which one should we take?

1. Carnival Cruise Lines -- ship name Victory -- Going to East Carribean to San Juan, St. Maartin & St. Thomas

2. Royal Carribean -- ship name Voyager of the Seas -- Going to West Carribean -- Royal Carribean's private island, Ochos Rios, George Town, & Cozumel

I just wanted some opinions on what you all thought! We haven't ever been on a cruise before!
They both leave on the date we need them too.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2003, 09:49 PM

Have you given any thought to Princess? It's the original "Love Boat" and many newlyweds on Board. They have a real wide selection that could meet your needs.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:35 AM
Tom & Mary-Contributing Editors's Avatar

The Voyager is without a doubt the ship for you. We have cruised the Voyager twice and the Explorer once, they are magnificent ships. this is the URL of our second Voyager cruise. We also have cruised Carnival and if it had been our first cruise, we would never have cruised again.

http://www.cruisereviews.com/rci/Voyager13.htm

Warm regards,
Tom & Mary Milano
tmilano832@yahoo.com

Tom & Mary
(The Honeymooners)
Old 01-23-2003, 04:19 PM

The voyager class of ships is just so amazing and offers so much (although, admittedly you might want to be in your cabin a lot)... I would say to go with the Voyager. You can't run out of things to do on the Voyager, and you never have to leave the ship to have fun.

If you have not done the Caribbean before, the different itineraries are a toss up. People like both equally.

There are lots of honeymooners on Royal Caribbean, and the crowd is usually fun, but not Too fun (like carnival) and not Too reserved (like Princess)... but just right.

(That's my opinion, as to Princess and Carnival..not putting down those who love them.)

Queen of Bermuda, New Years '89
Tropicale, 2/99
Explorer of the Seas, 9/7/02
Radiance of the Seas, 10/18/02
QE2, 6/1/03
Celebrity Infinity, 7/25/03
Grandeur of the Seas, 10/11/03
Queen Mary 2, 1/31/04
Radiance of the Seas, 10/18/02
QE2, 6/1/03
Celebrity Infinity, 7/25/03
Grandeur of the Seas, 10/11/03
Queen Mary 2, 1/31/04
Old 01-25-2003, 10:43 AM

I would definetly say go with RCCL. The Voyager is just a great boat. We are going on the Navigator in May and just cant wait.

We went on Carnival for our honeymoon to the Mexican Riviera. While I had a wonderful time we wished there were a couple more things to do on board.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:15 AM

Just returned from my first RCCL cruise. Previous one was with Carnival and there is simply no comparison. RCCL is much more upscale and better quality in every area. We loved every aspect of our cruise...can't say the same for Carnival.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:01 AM

i would recommend the majesty of the sea, they go to nassau, key west, coco cay. i heard that this is the 2 nd niceest ship that rccl has. me and my fiance are going june 9th, and we are so excited . so if you decide to pick this one let us know .. have a great trip
Old 02-11-2003, 11:00 AM

My son and daughter-in-law took the RC Western Caribbean cruise to the Western Caribbean for their honeymoon last December, and had an Awesome time! They raved about the food, (quality and quantity) the service, everything-- SO much so, that now WE'RE going on our 1st RC Caribbean cruise in March! Hope this helps you, and hope you have a wonderful time! ~Luvbug

luvbug
Old 02-14-2003, 10:21 AM

When is your honeymoon? My fiance and I just decided on the Voyager cruise for our honeymoon. We leave Sept 14th. I read a LOT of reviews and RCCL got much better ratings overall. This is our first cruise as well and we can't wait!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, crinval, cruise, cruiseline, honeymoon, honeymoons, line, lines, rc, review, reviews, royal, ship, west