Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 02:13 PM

wE ARE DO TO GO ON THE EXPLORER OF THE SEAS WITH FRIENDS THAT WE MET ON CARNIVAL A FEW YEARS AGO.IS THERE ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE US FOR A NEW RCCL CRUISER.ARE THERE ANY REALLY GREAT THING TO DO ON BOARD?ARE THERE ANT GREAT PLACES TO WATCH THE SUN SET?ANY" DO NOT MISS THINGS THAT WE SHOULD KNOW?
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 01-23-2006, 02:46 PM

Hi, welcome to cruise-chat. Well, I was on the Explorer June 2004. As far as not missing things, I would definately suggest the Royal Promenade parade on the first night you sail, if they are still doing it. It is awesome, even for grown-ups. I loved it. I am sure other people will give recent advice on the shows, and other stuff. Enjoy the Explorer, and your cruise. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-24-2006, 03:48 PM

My top 5 would be....

1) The Royal Promnade on the Captains Gala Night - (free Champagne always works for me!)
2) The spectacular ice show.
3) A Mango Tango next to the pool listening to the Calypso Band - (any and every day..)
4) A nightcap up in Dizzys - great views over the pool areas, and excellent music.
5) Best place to watch a sunset.. How about while playing a round of mini golf or from the Helicopter pad (depending on which way your going at the time).

Enjoy!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:26 PM

How do we find the entrance to the helicopter pad?Is there a mystery way like the topless deck on Carnival or is it obvious?
What about the supper club..on the 9 night which would be the best night to book it?Is it worth the extra cost.How is Johnny Rockets?
Old 01-26-2006, 04:20 AM

Now your testing my memory..

I seem to remember Helicopter Pad / Observation Deck is Forward on Deck 5 but can only be accessed from Deck 4. You need to go outside from 4 then there are some steps taking you up. I'm sure someone will correct me if Im wrong. As a slight aside - if your after somewhere quiet and or shady to sit and relax the outdoor areas down on these decks are the place to be.

Not sure what you mean by the supper club I'm afraid. If its Portifinos then we didn't use it. We had full intention of eating there but enjoyed the main dinning room so much we never bothered.

Johnny Rockets was OK and probably great for kids (particularly the shakes / sundaes). I didn't find the food however of any better quality than that you could get in Windjammers anyway - and it was difficult to fit in between meals! So for me it wasn't worth the cover charge but...

Another tip would be to join the Crown and Anchor Society. They give you vouchers to have a free meal in Johnnys, free wine tasting session and so on. We did this on board and were given them straightaway.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:20 AM

Med - A

You wrote that you will be on a 9 night Explorer cruise. We are going on a 9 night Explorer of the Seas cruise that leaves out of Bayonne and goes to Labadee the sacred private island which is a must. My favorite beach is Hideaway Beach. Its the longest walk but less people. Also a larger area to snorkle. And it is also near the lunch BBQ.

Then after Labadee it will be off to Aruba, and Curacao then back to Miami.

But in the mean time certain things you can not miss.

THE QUEST
It is an adult scanvenger hunt. I can not tell you the details as we take a oath and anyone that tells people about must d__. But if you enjoy a deep belly laugh for nearly an hour you will love it. I do have full length videos of it and everytime I watch it you can find me on the living room floor rolling and laughing.

Another fun and gut hurting thing to do is the BELLY flop Contest. On my last cruise I came in 2nd. I really don't know where they found the ringer. I felt in shape based on his belly.

Right after the Belly Flop contest is the Mens Sexy Legs contest. On my last cruise the overall winner was a 84 year old from Miami. He stated it was like his 20th cruise and his first time in the contest.

There are horse races on deck. With actual betting windows and jockeys riding the horses.

You can go to Portofino Italian Restaurant which is worth the extra charge.

Or even Johnny Rockets® '50s-style restaurant for a great burger and fries and shake.

I really enjoy the cafe Promenade and picking up the shrimp sandwiches and a coffee and something sweet. A perfect stop to hold you over till the next big meal.

If you want a challenge head to the back of the ship and climb the wall.

Don't miss the Ice show at sea.

And remember you are on vacation so mostly just chill and enjoy
Quote:
Originally posted by Med -A:
How do we find the entrance to the helicopter pad?Is there a mystery way like the topless deck on Carnival or is it obvious?
What about the supper club..on the 9 night which would be the best night to book it?Is it worth the extra cost.How is Johnny Rockets?
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/

Closed Thread

Tags
explorer