Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi, on June 15 I booked two D1 for six people in my family on Independence of the Seas for March 21, 2009. Cabins 1604 and 1610. I have noticed today that the price for D1 goes down a little bit,I called my travel agent and asked if he can check for me if I can get back some credit. He said that I might lose my $ 100 onboard credit by doing that, but he said that he would call RC and check.
So how does this refund thing work ? Can you help me understand this?
Thank you
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-12-2007, 01:38 PM

First of all, you don't loose your on board credit as long as you don't change the booking number. If you see a price change, make sure it effects the same catagory. There is a difference between the price of an E-1 compared to a D-1. Prices will probably change again seeing that your cruise date is over a year away. Your down payment is all you'll pay until the final payment is due 70 days before the sailing date.

Sonny
Old 07-12-2007, 01:52 PM

Tanya and Sonny,

There is a posibility you will lose any OBC that was on your original booking depending on some factors. If the original promotion with the OBC was based on a different promo code and that code has to be changed for the new lower price promo, the OBC will in fact be forfeited. If your OBC was related to onboard booking or C&A benefits and unrelated to a promo, you won't lose it.

Sonny makes a good point about checking the category. A lower price on a balcony could mean a lesser balcony. Check and be sure you're happy with the a Cat and cabin before you make the change.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
My travel agent called me back and said that he talked to RCL, he said because I booked on June 15 (with the promotion half deposit and $100 onboard credit) if I want a credit refund, I have to rebook the cabin and I'll lose $100 onboard credit. And he said even if I rebook it with the lower price, with the tax adding up I still don't save that much!
Like I've said we booked two D1 cabins for six people, cabin 1604 and 1610 .
I checked RCL web site, they still have some D1 cabins on deck 6,7. I think they are the same category.
Oh well I tried to argue with my TA, but it did not work. Maybe next time I should book directly with RCL.
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Administrator

I didn't know the OBC was based on several factors. Thanks for the info, Neil.

As for price drops....with a cruise that is about 18 months away you can spend an awful lot of time between now and then looking for the latest prices on your category of cabin. I wouldn't be worried about it right now. Too much can happen in 18 months.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tanyababanya:
Maybe next time I should book directly with RCL.
Why? They aren't going to transfer the credit if you rebook. Your agent is limited by what RCI will do. As we've said in other threads recently, these are not negotiable things.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:33 PM

I just assumed the booking was made while on board or a Next Cruise Booking. I do know any promotions usually come with a lot of restrictions. I don't think booking directly with RCCL will change anything. I encourage people to find a good travel agent, and stay loyal.

Sonny
Old 07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Dave and Sonny, I know I'm a whiner, but don't mind me, I am just having a bad day, I don't know what I'm talking about
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 07-12-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Oh well I tried to argue with my TA, but it did not work. Maybe next time I should book directly with RCL.
Your travel agent isn't making up the rules as he goes along. He's just passing along to you what Royal Caribbean told him. As TrvlPro said, you booked your room under the rules of a certain promotion, and those rules allowed an onboard credit. If you change the rate of your room, you are no longer operating under the original set of conditions, so not only does your fare change, your credit changes as well. These are Royal Carib's rules, not your travel agent.

Sandy

Closed Thread