Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM

We're sailing tomorrow on the Mariner of the seas balcony room 6674. Any info on that room? Also I'd like to know how cold the ship is in general, just trying to pack. Is the dining room cold? How about the work-out(weight room)..? Also like to know if there is a charge for Yoga classes. Are pedicures very expensive?
Thanks for the information in advance....
Old 06-21-2008, 09:23 AM

We're sailing tomorrow on the Mariner of the seas balcony room 6674. Any info on that room? Also I'd like to know how cold the ship is in general, just trying to pack. Is the dining room cold? How about the work-out(weight room)..? Also like to know if there is a charge for Yoga classes. Are pedicures very expensive?
Thanks for the information in advance....
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM

I find the common areas of the ship cool. I am not generally someone who is cold. There is a lot of contrast at work too for temperature, very warm outside and air conditioned in. My daughter (who IS usually cold) and I usually wear a light sweater. Conversely both my husband and I find the fitness club on all the ships we have been on very warm. They are about the same temperature as rooms where you will be just "sitting". Yoga has not been an included class on any of the cruises we have taken. It is usually about a $10 class, or you can get several classes in a package deal for less. Pedicure willk be more than at home, but I don't know the amount. If you want one book it shortly after you board. This appts. fill up fast. Have a marvelous time. Mariner is out favorite of the Voyager class ships.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-21-2008, 12:10 PM

Sorry, left out a key phrase--we wear light sweaters to the dining room and occasionally the theater--where you may sit still for quite a while. Walking around, having a snack or breakfast in the windjammer we are pretty much in our shorts and Ts we wear for the day and a comfortable temperature overall.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
I've never been cold on a ship (except in Alaska of course)...but a light sweather at night might be advised....most of the ship is pretty constant from stem to stern...just about what you house would be.....but then weather will play a part too....some light wear for night should just about do it....Happy Cruising...and you will love the ship...

Bob E
Old 06-21-2008, 02:30 PM

<<We're sailing tomorrow on the Mariner of the seas >>

Have a great time!! We'll be on the Mariner two weeks from tomorrow! We're so excited!!!!!!!!
Steph

Old 06-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Also, your cabin is air conditioned. There is a dial near the bathroom wall (I think that's correct for the location).I, who are almost never cold, find the ship temps normal and confortable. I have been amazed when stepping out on our balcony between islands (ports) that sometimes the air is SO humid! I don't know why that surprised me, but it did. I would venture to guess that, for you coolest port, Port Canaveral would be #1-the rest, remember are in the Caribbean.
Mariner is, and has been, our favorite Voyager class ship, and we will miss her when she moves to the left coast next year.

Need some cruise help?

Closed Thread

Tags
6674, classes, mariner, rccl, seas, yoga