Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:26 PM

Hello, going on the Monarch of the Seas this month and have a few questions maybe some of you can answer. Do they accept all credit cards for setting up your on-board acct, even discover card? I was going to use cash but they said i had to put $300 on it so i may use my discover card. Also If your birth certificate has your maiden name and your drivers liscense has your married name, do you need to take your marriage liscense to board the ship as well? Thanks!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Administrator

Look in your other post for the answer to your documentation question. Short answer -- play it safe and take it.

You should be OK with Discover. It's one of the cards that Royal Caribbean lists on its Web site, along with American Express, Optima, MasterCard, Visa, and Diner's Club.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:44 AM

My advice is to be prepared for any eventuality. You should not have the least problem with just the OFFICIAL copy of your birth certificate and laminated (not temporary like some states issue)state issued ID. But why chance it? If it gives you peace of mind, take the marriage license. One extra document will not cause your luggage to be any heavier.
My further advice is that, if you are going to be cruising again, you should go ahead and apply for a passport. In the unfortunate event that you have to disembark at a port for an emergency or illness, you will have trouble getting back through customs without an official passport.
Oh yes, by the way... I always use discover on cruises. Be warned that many shops in ports will not honor discover so you may want to have a Visa/MC, cash, or {{shudder}} traveler's checks.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:15 AM

Thank you for the advice. I wasn't planning on going on another cruise until 2011 and then i found one for only $200 per person and booked it on a whim. My passport is expired so other documentation will have to do. I do plan on renewing it before the next cruise, just no time to do it now since the one i am booked on leaves in about 17 days! lol Thanks again!!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 AM

When we were on the Majesty, we used cash but the $300 is just a minimum deposit. The remaining balance was returned to us on the ship before disembarkation.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, caribbean, discover, lamination, lisap, reviews