Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2004, 06:03 PM

My girlfriend and I are ready to book a cruise but we cannot decide on one. We are both 25 and love to cruise, mainly because we both hate to fly. Anyways we have been on 2 cruises so far. The first on was 2 years ago on RCs Nordic Empress. We sailed to Bermuda and we had a great time. The second one was lst May and we went to the Bahamas on NCLs Norwegian Dawn. That ship was wonderful but the food and the service was as great as RC's.

We want to go to Bermuda again and since we live in NYC we want to try and sail from here. We thought about doing the RC cruise again but the Nordic Empress is old and we want to try another cruise liner.

We are also looking at going to the Caribbean as well but we just cant decide.

What we really want to do is take the Voyager trip to the caribbean but that is really expensive. I really want to check out that massive ship! Are there certain times of the year when it would be cheaper to take the trip?

I checked out Carnival but the trip to Bermuda is only 6 days and one of the days it goes to Rhode Island. We arent crazy about that one.

Ive read a bunch of reviews that Celebrity isnt great so we arent looking at them either.

We just dont know. RC seems like the best one. Has anyone taken the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore? That seems like a nice one.

Ok I think this post is long enough. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:03 PM

My girlfriend and I are ready to book a cruise but we cannot decide on one. We are both 25 and love to cruise, mainly because we both hate to fly. Anyways we have been on 2 cruises so far. The first on was 2 years ago on RCs Nordic Empress. We sailed to Bermuda and we had a great time. The second one was lst May and we went to the Bahamas on NCLs Norwegian Dawn. That ship was wonderful but the food and the service was as great as RC's.

We want to go to Bermuda again and since we live in NYC we want to try and sail from here. We thought about doing the RC cruise again but the Nordic Empress is old and we want to try another cruise liner.

What we really want to do is take the Voyager trip to the caribbean but that is really expensive. I really want to check out that massive ship! Are there certain times of the year when it would be cheaper to take the trip?

I checked out Carnival but the trip to Bermuda is only 6 days and one of the days it goes to Rhode Island. We arent crazy about that one.

Ive read a bunch of reviews that Celebrity isnt great so we arent looking at them either.

We just dont know. RC seems like the best one. Has anyone taken the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore? That seems like a nice one.

Thanks you.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:19 PM

Just know that the first three months of the year the prices are usually high and the closer you get to the cruise the less expensive they sometimes get to fill the ship. Decide when you want to go. I can assure you that you will LOVE the voyager class ships.Having sailed all except the Mariner so far, love em!!!!! Other RCL ships are just as lovely and we have never had a bad sailing or food or accomodations on RCL. They just know how to do it right! I understand that Voyager of the Seas is now or soon will be outta New York..if that port is an option I would highly recommend her no matter where she is going.

Voyager of the Seas 2001
Inspiration 2002
Navigator of the Seas 2003
Elation 2003
Voyager of the Seas 2003
Adventure of the Seas Feb 2004
Explorer of the Seas October 2004

Adventure of the Seas
Old 01-29-2004, 06:24 PM

Thanks.

I really really really REALLY want to go on the Voyager but its around $1700 each! I dont know if we can afford that.

We loved teh RC trip we took. A lot more than NCL. NCL's food isnt that great and there were times around 1AM when I would get hungary and there was no food.

Not on RC! They had midnight buffets!

Oh man I really need to see if I can get us a good price for the Voyager.

Thanks.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Antonio:
My girlfriend and I are ready to book a cruise but we cannot decide on one. We are both 25 and love to cruise, mainly because we both hate to fly. Anyways we have been on 2 cruises so far. The first one was 2 years ago on RCs Nordic Empress. We sailed to Bermuda and we had a great time. The second one was last May and we went to the Bahamas on NCLs Norwegian Dawn. That ship was wonderful but the food and the service wasnt as great as RC's.

Thanks you.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:55 PM

Antonio,

Are you looking at inside or outside cabins? What dates? We always book inside and never have a problem with price or comfort. I figure that I am not in my room except to sleep, change and shower otherwise I am on the wrong vacation. SOOOOOOO much to do on voyager class, you will hardly be in the room anyway. Check inside Cat N, M or L prices and if you still can't find a price you can live with feel free to email me at GoatPro@aol.com I will help if I can.

P.s. I am not an agent just someone that seems to find the good deals.

Adventure of the Seas
Old 01-29-2004, 07:13 PM

Thanks man. We dont care if its an inner room. We dont spend much time in the room anyways.

The prices we got from a travel agent were for inner rooms and they are around 1700 each!

If you could help that would be great. We are looking to go ASAP.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:14 PM

damook was me by the way. For some reason thought I was logged in.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:13 PM

By spending 10 minutes I found the following:

Voyager of the Seas
March 21, 2004
7 Days
Miami, at sea, belize city, costa maya, cozumel, grand cayman and at sea
Cruise, port charges and gov't taxes included
Does not include 15.00 processing fee for both of you
TOTAL 935.70
The deals are out there...hope this gives you some idea

Adventure of the Seas
Old 01-29-2004, 08:14 PM