Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2007, 04:53 AM

Just come back from a Princess Cruise, Really enjoyed it, it was our first cruise, but oh traveling from the UK - Manchester - Heathrow - Miami a real killer. So now we have the cruising bug we fancy RCI from New Jersey anyone sailed from there, also any tips?
Many thanks
Alison
Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 AM

Youíve got my deepest sympathy flying out the UK to cruise around the Caribbean. Itís not the easiest journey getting there.
Weíve done it a few times now, and we just take it in our stride. For us itís Edinburgh Ė Heathrow Ė USA (sometimes 2 stops) Itís the price we pay for cruising later in the year, there are no direct flights to the US from Edinburgh. Going doesnít seem too bad, but itís a long trip on the way home, you just want to get home, and the stop over in Heathrow is a real pain.

Weíre sailing out off NY this year on the Explorer of the Seas, mid November. Flying out the day before and taking a few extra days in NY after the cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-09-2007, 04:16 AM

Hi mps69, thanks for the reply. I never want to see Heathrow again.
I would be very interested to hear about your cruise in November as i think that it is the same one that we are looking at for April 2008, did you book it as a package with flights as i think that we can fly directly to New York from Manchester.
Do not forget not to buy duty free at the airport in New York as it will be confiscated buy on the plane and you will be fine. Ours was taken from us at Heathrow- a real mystery.
Best wishes
Alison

Closed Thread