Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 AM

On our Navigator cruise there was this lady that was so rude it makes a good story. My jaw dropped to the floor and I was embarrassed to be an AMerican but looking back it gives me a chuckle to tell it.

We were in the Promenade waiting for Adventure Ocean to bring the kids down. It was set up next to Ben and Jerrys counter and across from the Pold Poets pub tables.So most of the parents were crowded in the middle hallways there. This lady goes over to Ben and jErrys and gets a stool. Sets it in the middle of the hallway for her perfect view and sits. The guy working at B &J asks a customer- "Please tell her I need my stool back. She can't take that stool over there" So the American guy relates the message. The lady turns her head and smiles "OK, Thank you. " and goes back to watching the empty stage. I'm just turned around in my place staring at her incredulously. So the worker guy comes out around the counter and walks up to thelady and says "Madam, I'm sorry but I need that stool back at the counter. That is for customers of B &J. " Her response was " Ok, Well if you can get your stool you're welcome to it"And she turned and smiled and stared at the empty stage.
I was in utter shock. This guy did not deserve to be treated that way. Bless him, he wasn't losing his job over her so he went and found her a chair and offered it to her and took his stool without a word.

She ended up sitting there for about 5 minutes and moved on. I was really embarrassed for US. I can't believe there are people out there like that.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 AM

Sadly there are. We can only hope some day they get their just due.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Ok, Well if you can get your stool you're welcome to it"
What you and the B&J guy should have done was for each of you to get on either side of the stool, pick it up and carry her and the stool back to the counter!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM

She said these things so off the cuff, so readily- she must use lines like this often. She didn't hesitate or skip a beat. With that stupid grin on her face. I couldn't imagine going on vacation with this lady. I'd die.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 12-29-2007, 09:29 PM

It would have been all I could do to keep from dumping her rear end in the floor and taking the stool back. People like this are also the ones that park in handicap spots because they are close to the door. Unfortunately, people like that feel the world owes them something. A lot of times they feel like they can act any way they want because they paid their cruise fare. They must assume the cruise fare is a free punch on their life member stupid card!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 12-29-2007, 10:08 PM

I don't have a high tolerance for rude people like that. Sometimes it is a strain to keep my mouth closed!

It is hard to discern the rude ones from the outright ignorant idiots sometimes.

Dwayne
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 AM

It's not a slam at you when people are rude - it's a slam at the people they've met before----F. Scott Fitzgerald
Old 12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Administrator

I'm afraid if I saw this episode I would have accidentally bumped into her and sent her no doubt robust rump to the deck.

If I was the crewman I would have just called security and let them deal with it. I certainly wouldn't have got a chair for her.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:01 PM

You are so right, Dave. I invision the rotund woman who gets in the motorized shopping cart at Walmart who's only disability is an addiction to McDonald's.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Yeah, they get in the cart at the front of the Wal-Mart and then drive it to the back of the store where the McDonald's is located!

Closed Thread

Tags
cart, comments, crude, cruise, cruiser, funny, guests, motorized, reviews, rude, senior, ship, shopping, stories