Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 PM

WILL BE ON 6/30/06 CRUISE FOR THE FIRST TIME. I KEEP HEARING BAD TO SO-SO THINGS ABOUT SHIP. ALSO NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR EXCURSIONS. WILL HAVE A 10 YR OLD AND 16 YR OLD.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 PM

WILL BE ON 6/30/06 CRUISE FOR THE FIRST TIME. I KEEP HEARING BAD TO SO-SO THINGS ABOUT SHIP. ALSO NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR EXCURSIONS. WILL HAVE A 10 YR OLD AND 16 YR OLD.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:14 PM

SRT,
HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS. MY WIFE & I JUST DID THE WESTERN SWING ON THE EXPLORER IN MAY. WHAT A GREAT SHIP. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOMETHING TO DO IF YOU WANT, AND NOTHING TO DO IF YOU WISH. WE HAVE SAILED ON THIS CLASS OF SHIP MANY TIMES, AND WE ALWAYS HAVE A SUPER TIME. YOUR 10 YR OLD & 16YR OLD WILL LOVE THE OCEAN ADVENTURE CLUB. YOU DO WANT TO GET THEM SIGNED UP ASAP. THEY DO TREAT THE TEENS AS ALMOST ADULTS, AND THEY HAVE THIER OUN NIGHT CLUB. NOT TO WORRY BECAUSE ONCE ONBOARD, WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO RUN OFF TO. I WOULD ADVISE GETTING TO THE DOCK AS EARLY AS 10:30AM. IF YOU HAVE A LATER FLIGHT COMING IN, DONT WORRY, YOU WONT MISS ANYTHING. ITS JUST THAT, IF YOU CAN GET THERE EARLY, YOU CAN BE ONBOARD SOONER, AND HAVE LUNCH UPSTAIRS IN THE WINDJAMMER. YOUR JUST GETTING A HEAD START ON YOUR VACATION. IF YOU CAN PUT YOUR LUGGAGE IN YOUR CABIN, DO SO BEFORE LUNCH. THEN WALK THE SHIP AFTER LUNCH & GET YOUR BEARINGS. IF THE TWO OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY A ROMANTIC DINNER ALONE ONE NIGHT, MAKE RESERVATIONS AT PORTOFINOS. THIS IS THE UPSCALE ITALIAN RESTAURANT. MY WIFE & I NEVER MISS THE PLACE. AS FOR FORMAL NIGHTS, WE DO DRESS UP, BUT YOU CAN COME AS YOU WISH. JUST NO SHORTS. SOME OF THE LADIES WEAR THE BEADED GOWNS, AND SOME COME IN PANTS SUITS OR SKIRTS. ITS YOUR CHOICE. A FEW MEN WEAR TUXS, BUT MOST ARE IN SUITS.
AS FOR SHORE EXCURSIONS, I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING EASTERN OR WESTERN, BUT I WILL STOP BACK TO SEE IF YOU RESPOND. THEN I CAN GIVE YOU SOME IDEAS. THERE IS A GOOD LIST IN THE BACK OF YOUR TRAVEL DOCS THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE BY NOW. JUST RELAX, AND ENJOY THE TRIP. CRUISING IS THE BEST.

SEE YA

CURT & VAL
RADDISON-1 TIME
RCI-EXPLORER 05/08/2005 NEXT
Old 06-06-2005, 05:34 AM

I couldn't agree more with Curt. I just did a Western Carib Itin on the Explorer in April and loved it. Joanie Ogg did a mega-review on the cruise that is posted on CruiseReviews.com that you might want to check out:
http://www.cruisereviews.com/RoyalCa...theSeas115.htm

Will you be doing the Western or Eastern route?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 PM

I am on the western caribbean cruise. Explorer 6/30/06. I need excursion ideas for family with 10yr old and 16 yr old. Is it better to go on your own or use ship excursions.
Thank You for the responses.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:07 PM

ok....Grand Cayman...my recommendation is Capitan Marvin's 3 stop snorkle with sting ray city sandbar
Ocho Rios....Anything that includes Dunn's River Falls
Labadee....The waverunner tour offered by RCCL is AWESOME (but so are the beach chairs) Your kids might enjoy the water play area. The waverunner tour books fast, and I think you have to be 16 to drive....can't remember.

The ship, i think, is my favorite of the 3 voyager class ships i've sailed. second being voyager, and third being adventure. The art and decor on explorer are just too cool for words, esp. the planet themed aft centerium. My favorite part of the ship. Have an awesome cruise.

Too Long!

Click here for my website
Old 06-08-2005, 07:13 PM

SRT,
SOME OF THE SUGGESTIONS FOR PORTS ARE ONES YOU ARE NOT STOPPING AT.

BELIZE, WE DID THE SNORKEL & BEACH BREAK THAT PICKS YOU UP RIGHT ALONG SIDE THE SHIP. NICE TOUR. YOU GO OUT TO THIER PRIVATE ISLAND, AND THEY ARE VERY MUCH, SAFETY FIRST. THEY DROP YOU BACK AT THE PIER FOR SHOPPING, BUT THERE IS NOT TOO MUCH THERE. MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT TRIED THE TUBING ON THE RIVER, SAID THERE WAS LOW WATER, AND THEY HAD TO PADDLE MOST OF THE WAY.

COSTA MAYA, A LOT MORE SHOPPING AND YOU DOCK AT A PIER HERE. WE WENT BY TAXI HERE OURSELVES TO THE LOCAL FISHING TOWN. I DO NO THINK THIS IS FOR THE KIDS. IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO TRY PARA SAILING OR HORSEBACK RIDING, THIS COULD WORK.

COZUMEL, THEY HAVE THE SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS HERE, OR WE WENT TO THE NATIONAL PARK CALLED CHANKANAAB. THE WATER WAS BEAUTIFUL HERE FOR SNORKELING ON OUR OWN. SUPER CLEAN AND A SMALL DALIY FEE TO GET IN. THIS WAS THE BEST WATER ON THE TRIP.

GRAND CAYMAN, THE WIND WAS TOO STRONG THE DAY WE WERE THERE, SO ALL THE WATER EXCURSIONS WERE CANCELLED. IF YOU CAN DO ANY OF THE EXCURSIONS WITH STINGRAY CITY, DO IT. SWIMMING WITH THE RAYS & FEEDING THEM IS LOADS OF FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO, YOU WILL HAVE FUN.
GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY.

SEE YA

CURT & VAL

COSAT MAYA,
RADDISON-1 TIME
RCI-EXPLORER 05/08/2005 NEXT
Old 06-10-2005, 12:05 PM

I must apologise, that I made a mistake. When I was describing the ship, I accidentally confused Explorer with Adventure. Adventure was my fave, so I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

Too Long!

Click here for my website

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, club, explorer, night, reviews, seas