Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2007, 09:58 AM

So I am off on my first cruise with my soon to be wife in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait. I have been reading these boards and taking notes for the past few months and almost everyhthing has been answered. But I do have a question. When I chose an option online for an onboard account, I picked the credit card option. Is there anyway to square away some or all of the charges before they are put towards my card? If I have some left over loot after the week is done, it would be nice to put a dent in the damages before it goes to my card. Any help is great!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:35 AM

Marcus27, congratulations of three things; your soon to be marriage, your first cruise, and your first post to this great site.
I know from my questions, there is always someone out there that can be of assistance and have the correct answer. I am not sure of the answer, but it would seem that you could reduce the amount prior to the charge being placed on your card.

Enjoy the whole magical thing of cruising especially for your honey
moon.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM

We always set up our credit card for our online account but my husband goes down the night before departure and pays in cash. Anything we might spend that night after we "cash out" is then put on the card.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Marcus27,

Welcome to cruise-chat! Using the credit card is my preferred option since I don't have to worry about it. I let the cruise line bill it and then pay it off when the bill arrives. But that is my choice. As to your question - sure, you can pay down part or all of your shipboard account anytime during the cruise. They do not send the final charges to your credit card company until after you have left the ship. I suggest doing this prior to the last morning, when it will be a mob scene at the guest relations desk. Going down during the afternoon of the last day and paying off some of your bill will be the best choice.

Old 05-23-2007, 01:54 PM
If you don't go down to settle charges/do they automatically bill the credit card so you can avoid the line?
Old 05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Yes, if you just want to let everything stay on your credit card then you don't have to do anything. They will slip a printed bill under your cabin door early on the last morning. If there is an error on the bill, then you will need to go to the desk. Otherwise just keep the bill and leave the ship. The cruise line will take this as your acceptance and they will submit the bill to your credit card company.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Dave, thanks for your insight. Anything to make the last day less painful is always a good thing. But I need to stop talking about the last day, I haven't had my first yet. HAHA
Old 05-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks Dave, it's been so long since we cruised I forgot! This is a very bad habit. We're gonna start cruising more often!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 PM

We have a on board credit. I have my own charge card and the other person has there own charge card. How to we split the on board credit between us. As we will be getting separate bills.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle4u2:
We have a on board credit. I have my own charge card and the other person has there own charge card. How to we split the on board credit between us. As we will be getting separate bills.
I would have one of you take the full credit, and hand over cash for half the onboard credit amount to the other person.

And where are my manners today? Welcome to Cruise Chat!

Closed Thread

Tags
account, cabin, card, cards, caribbean, charge, credit, cruise, cruises, multiple, onboard, put, royal, shipboard, split