Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 AM

I was looking at the sunday paper yesterday and came across an add for Royal Caribbean cruises. They had a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean for over $400. I checked RC website and noticed a price in that range for specific dates. We really would like to go in the winter time. I did see a 7 night Western Cruise for $499 in the mid of Dec. I guess my question is would in be better to wait awhile and try to get last minute deals or considering booking a cruise soon for next winter?
Old 01-20-2003, 07:49 AM

I was looking at the sunday paper yesterday and came across an add for Royal Caribbean cruises. They had a 7-day cruise to the Caribbean for over $400. I checked RC website and noticed a price in that range for specific dates. We really would like to go in the winter time. I did see a 7 night Western Cruise for $499 in the mid of Dec. I guess my question is would in be better to wait awhile and try to get last minute deals or considering booking a cruise soon for next winter?
Old 01-20-2003, 01:11 PM

The cheapest time for cruises is generally the first two weeks in December or after New Years. You can get some pretty incredible deals for those weeks at the least minute-assuming airfare is not an issue for you. Any questions feel free to email.
Old 01-20-2003, 11:30 PM

A lot depends on just when you plan to go. The couple of weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas have good deals. You generally don't find deals in January or February, as this is peak season. In March you start with Spring breaks, so won't see any discounts there. Best time for discounts, hurricane season. I personally don't take the chance, but know a lot that do.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:15 PM

We're going on Voyager 30 Mar...booked two weeks ago, inside stateroon, $499 each plus port charges and taxes. We used www.lastminutecruises.com

Brian
Old 03-13-2003, 02:04 PM

I booked a cruise for spring break (this year, 4 weeks prior to sailing), for two oceanview side by side cabins and a family of 5 for a grand total of $2K (incl ins and all fees). I think that was a steal considering it's spring break. If your flexible with time, I would wait. I have noticed the prices have gone up the closer to sailing, so start looking 4-6 weeks before you want to go. Good luck!

Amy

Closed Thread

Tags
400, 7day, amy, better, caribbean, carribean, cruise, deals, last, minute, royal, wait, weeks