Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Neil!

My husband and I had always planned to try all of the major cruise lines, doing a different one each year, and this year was supposed to be Royal Caribbean. But then we bought our dream house in August 2006 and weren't even sure we'd be able to take a cruise this year. We finally decided we couldn't go without a cruise but went with the cheaper Carnival one. I do love Carnival, but I'm sure I'll love RCCL too. I've heard nothing but rave reviews! After we try Celebrity, we'll probably pick a line and stick with it for awhile to try to earn the perks.

Hope it wasn't out of line for me to suggest Carnival on the RCCL boards! I'll definitely let you know what I think comparatively when we get back!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 PM

Cortney, Not out of line at all, I've found nearly everyone here very willing to accept everyones point of view. I think you'll like RCI. I haven't cruised Carnival in a very long time but hear better things every year about them with few exceptions. I don't usually give my preferences here since I'm in the industry and what's right for me is not always right for my clients. With that said, I love RCI. My preference is for the Voyager Class ships although I sailed and enjoyed other classes as well. I want to do a Freedom Class but don't like the itineraries well enough yet to book one. I'm waiting to see if they eventually put one on an itin I haven't done to death.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-04-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I want to do a Freedom Class but don't like the itineraries well enough yet to book one. I'm waiting to see if they eventually put one on an itin I haven't done to death.
It's more true on a Freedom class ship than any other, that the ship is the major destination. You can get off the ship and walk around whatever town, but, as you know, the best days onboard are the days in port. If you wait until ports other than the Carib can handle a ship the size of the Freedom class ships, you may not cruise them for a long time!

Sandy
Old 07-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Certain cruise lines like RCCL don't allow T/A's to discount their prices but they can offer on board credit or other perks.

I used www.cruisecompete.com and got $650.00 on board credit from the agent I used. You list your wants and the T/A's start submitting quotes. Again, the price is the same but perks are different. (Free insurance, on board credit, etc.) Good Luck!!

Read and post cruise reviews
url=http://www.cruisetickers.com/][/url]

Old 07-05-2007, 02:16 PM

Hi, it's been many years since I've been on a cruise. I'm just wondering if formal dining nights are as formal as ever. It seems most "formal" events I go to now no longer mean a dress for women and dress shirt, jacket and tie for men....
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Bryce, Welcome Aboard Cruise-Chat!

I also saw your topic posting. You have came to the right place for advice and opinions.

Again, Welcome Aboard!

IslandCruz
Old 07-06-2007, 04:11 AM

the webbys...I also have submitted quotes on cruisecompete...which TA did you use??...I'm worried they won't come up with the cabin credits. Can they be trusted? Do they just give up their commission just to book the cruise? RC says they don't offer $150-200 bonuses or credits. I don't understand if this comes from RC or the agent themselves...and why would they want to give up their commission? HELP!
Old 07-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Welcome Bryce to Cruise Chat we are one big happy Chat family you'll see some funny things here just stick around.

Closed Thread