Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/)
-   -   Planning next cruise!! (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/royal-caribbean-cruise-line/25202-planning-next-cruise.html)

Marcus27 06-29-2007 11:58 AM

Hey everyone...my wife and I got back from our adventure on "Adventure", (which was awesome) a few weeks ago and we are thinking about another one already. The past cruise was our honeymoon, so money was no object, but this time it is!! Any suggestions on relatively inexpensive cruises that are good? We are from Boston so cheaper airfare would be nice. We are looking for a balcony (can't go interior after having one) and a cruise that goes somewhere warm. Any suggestion which ship is nice and also any suggestions on websites that offer reasonable price would be great. Thanks for all your help!!!

penny3333 06-29-2007 12:22 PM

Welcome back Marcus27, glad to hear you had an awesome experience. The best way to cure the disembarkation blues is to book another. They do have some cruises out of New York, which should be cheaper air fare. Princess and NCL sail out of New York. Royal sails out of Philadelphia. There are lots of websites, but I find that visiting the cruise lines websites work out just as well. But any of the travel sites will work, like travelzoo, expedia, etc. Best wishes and hope you book soon!

Casanova frankenstein 06-29-2007 12:37 PM

Ok I will tell you exactly what the travel agent told me after my first cruise, it was my honeymoon also.
You love it, now you are hook
Is a sickness and as if, you need a prescription a new cruise…LOL
Maybe you should try another cruise line
I have traveled with:
• Carnival Destiny ( honeymoon)

• Adventure of the Seas ( anniversary)

Well I discover that carnival is less expensive but it also is more fun if you like to party, like myself. The adventure of the seas is more quiet and little slow for my taste.
I really recommend carnival is cheaper and have great ports of Call.
To prove my point that carnival is cheaper this are the prices I paid during summer for the two trips:

• Carnival Destiny ( Cabin with Balcony $ 2200)

• Adventure of the Seas ( Interior cabin with promenade view $ 2500 )

So if you want a different kind of cruise but also cheaper try carnival…

http://images7.fotki.com/v157/photos...xthumbs-vi.gif

Sonny V 06-29-2007 05:22 PM

Cruise prices vary from month to month, and also when they are booked. The Explorer is sailing out of Cape Liberty Cruise Port, New Jersey. On Dec 14th you can get a 9 night cruise in a balcony cabin for $1,049 per person. That's not a lot of money for a 9 night cruise. The Explorer is the same class ship as the Adventure.

Sonny

Casanova frankenstein 06-29-2007 05:54 PM

Just to clarify
The prices I just post were for the same week it was almost the same day like the one I will take this summer on 15 july the only differences were the years

Destiny 2005

Adventure 2006

I always take my vacations during that time.
This is the high season for the caribbean cruises. I don't have much options to change my vacations days because of my line of work so I have to pay more $$$ almost everytime...
Some friends take their Vacatons during september and the prices are way lower than the ones I pay.

TrvlPro 06-29-2007 07:41 PM

I'm booked on Adventure for Sept 9th and booked early. I paid $700. pp for a D1 superior balcony and with tax for two it's right at $1500. This was done without any discounts for agents. I booked it on the same system and same rate codes I use for clients. That same cruise and sail date is currently $1149. pp + tax for a lesser category. It makes a difference when you book any cruise. It also makes a difference if you watch the rates and promos available.

Sometimes CCL is priced better, sometimes RCI is priced better. There are often more important factors than the price. Right now the Destiny is selling balcony guarantees for just $699. + tax per person, essentially the same rate I paid for RCI earlier in the year. If I preferred the itinerary or CCL to RCI, it's not in penalty so I could change with no penalty. I'm going to stick with my booking, the V class RCI is just a better fit for me.

Cheers, Neil

TrvlPro 06-29-2007 07:46 PM

BTW, if I were booking it today, I'd be booking the Destiny. I said price is not the only factor but with a $450. pp diff currently I wouldn't eat that. Thankfully I got it when it was dirt cheap.

Sonny V 06-29-2007 11:52 PM

Neil, I too got a special rate for the Sept 2nd sailing on the Mariner. A D-2 balcony cabin for $747 per person. I booked it a month ago. If I wanted to book it today it would cost over $1,200 per person. Like anything else, if you want to get a deal you have to shop the market.

Sonny

Cortney 07-01-2007 07:00 PM

I realize this is on the Royal Caribbean board, but if you're just interested in a fun, inexpensive cruise in general that's close to Boston, I'd recommend the Carnival Miracle. We went on it in May and LOVED it. Right now it leaves out of NYC and hits Tortola, St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.

TrvlPro 07-02-2007 05:35 PM

Cortney, I see you're booked for a future cruise on Expl of the Seas. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comparisons when you get back. What was it that swayed you from your CCL loyalty on past cruises? Sounds like you like CCL.

Cheers, Neil