Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2003, 09:12 PM

Hey, Im 16 and Im going on my first cruise in about 2 weeks! Im going with my family and the ship Im going on is the Voyager and its a Royal Carribean Cruise.

Has anyone been on this cruise and can give me some tips they wish they had before going on a cruise? I would really appreciate it!

Carol
Old 05-28-2003, 09:12 PM

Hey, Im 16 and Im going on my first cruise in about 2 weeks! Im going with my family and the ship Im going on is the Voyager and its a Royal Carribean Cruise.

Has anyone been on this cruise and can give me some tips they wish they had before going on a cruise? I would really appreciate it!

Carol
Old 05-30-2003, 04:56 PM

Well, I'm going to give you some advice probably not typical to what most other's on this website will give you.

Don't do drugs.

Don't fall in love (your too young).

Don't drink.

Mind your parents.

Be safe and watchful of your surroundings.

Be curteous to others.

Be free spirited.

APPRECIATE the experience your parent's are giving you (and thank them!).

Take the opportunity to spend quality time with your family, since most families these days are lacking the time to do so.

And most of all have fun, take in the sites and learn more about what's out there in this world, since this will be a big adventure for you.

An essay of your experience would be nice..hahaha

Spoken like a true parent and a mother of 3 girls? That I am!

Have a wonderful time on your first cruise, it will be sooooo exciting for you!
Old 06-01-2003, 01:12 PM

Carol,
You'll have a great time. There are sooooo many kids your age. Don't be shy, make new friends. Don't wait until the last day and wished you'd hung out with these kids earlier. Alot of them are alone with their parents too.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:54 PM

Carol,

Take advantage of the adventure ocean program. This is what they have to offer:

Royal Caribbean-Family Programs

Traveling with the kids no longer means compromising on vacation options. Royal Caribbean Adventure OceanTM provides the best of accommodations for both kids and families with our fleet-wide supervised youth programs. Need some peace and quiet? Just ship the kids out to play with other children their age, day or evening.

We've even split the age groups into "Aquanauts" (3-5 yrs) "Explorers" (5-8 yrs), "Voyagers" (9-12 yrs) and "Navigators" (13-17 yrs). We have separate children's playrooms, a teen disco and special menus more suited to a kid's taste. We even have special family suites that sleep up to six people.

Take the whole family on vacation without worrying how to entertain everyone. Royal Caribbean International does it for you. Special "compass" itineraries are set up for each child/teen, highlighting the day's events and special activities. Parents are encouraged to participate but also encouraged to go have a little fun for themselves. So relax, knowing your kids are having just as good a time as you

They have a teen dance club and so many daily activities scheduled, you will never be bored. You'll probably be making many new friends from this experience. And start from day one as most kids do and if you get involved later, you will feel more out of place since everyone else has gotten to know eachother by then.

Have fun!!

Amy

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, weeks