Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2006, 12:58 PM

I set this up yesterday but it diidnt work:S... anyways I just had a few questions about Labadee. I have seen pictures of a beach in Labadee with trampolines and other water toys. I was wondring if there was a fee to get into this beach and how much it would be. Also there were yellow floating things in the pictures I have seen...Is the water fenced off or something? Any information on Labadee would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Ry
Old 12-01-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm guessing that what you're seeing is a play area for smaller children on one of the beaches to the right side of the docking area near the wave runners, etc. It is a roped off area with what appears to be blow-up type slides and rock climbing walls for the kids, and it is a "pay for it" area. If you have smaller kids, this is a fun area for them, and it's monitered by life guards. We went there for an hour or so, just because it was close to the dock, but used float pads and chairs. There is a "tram" ride (actually a tractor pulling a cart) which you can catch there and ride across the island area to several other beautiful areas and beaches, and totally BLOW BY the gift shop area and not be bothered by the sales people. It's a beautiful area almost totally run by the ship's crew and the buffet is very nice too.
Have fun!

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-02-2006, 09:15 AM

There is a fee to enjoy the Aqua Park portion of the beach ($15 per person for 1 hour). There is also a Splash Bash area that has cannons mounted on a pirate ship, geysers, etc. that costs $5 pp.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Does anyone know for sure what exactly is availble for snorkeling on Labadee? I would like to know if you can also get fins and a life vest. Does it cost anything for the snorkel use?

Thanks,
Susan
Old 12-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Labadee tours are listed here.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:33 AM

I don't want to do a tour on Labadee, but we would like to just snorkel around in the water. Do they provide the snorkel equipment on the island and if so, is it free or does it cost and how much?

Thanks,
Susan
Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 AM

We will be taking our 2 17 year olds in April and afraid they may be bored any thoughts?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:20 AM

I can't imagine anyone, especially teenagers being bored on a cruise ship. If they do get bored, think of the money you'll save by leaving them home for future cruises!

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by tripletvan:
We will be taking our 2 17 year olds in April and afraid they may be bored any thoughts?
Do you mean will they be bored at Labadee? Not unless lots of beaches, a barbecue lunch, and waverunners bore them.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Labadee is a really nice place to just relax...beach chairs are free and you can just find a nice place and take a nap....the ship will set up a free GREAT barbeque...there is a craft sale area that can be a scary place for little kids...very pushy vendors...but lots of nice beaches, walking areas all the way to what they call the "Devil's Spit...where water comes up between the rocks and "Spits"...the zipline is up and running...(wasn't when I was there last year)...but it looks like a great ride...I'm sure you will enjoy the break....

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, labadee, part