Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Consider it done!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

Nope, only "Dubyuh" can pardon; I suppose if Sonny changed his name to "Scooter," then, maybe.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:41 PM

My family and I cruised on the Enchantment a couple of weeks ago and we still can't get over how wonderful our whole experience was. The ship was beautiful and the captain was delightful. This was our first cruise and we chose a smaller ship and shorter itinerary just to get a feel for cruising. The staff was plentiful and very accomondating and the service was great. We are not complainers but, as can be expected, there were a couple of issues that did come up during our trip. However, anytime something was brought to the staff's attention it was taken care of immediately and satisfactorily, and with a smile. We ate at the windjammer often and were always able to get a window table when we chose to. There wasn't a single time that we weren't able to find a quiet spot to sit and watch the ocean, even on our day at sea ( My personal favorite: deck 5, muster station 7) The warmest thing about our trip was that the ship was small enough that you soon came to recognize most of your fellow cruisers and it felt as if we were all part of each other's wonderful vacation. We are planning a family ruinion cruise next year and are considering one of the mega ships but, for the same reasons AKMOM brought up, we're hesitant to trade intimacy and personal attention just for the latest bells and whistles. We felt like royalty during our week on the Enchantment. We really don't want to feel or be treated like "just another passenger" next time around. Cruising is suppose to be indulgent and stress free.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:22 PM

You are absolutely correct Smylyn. The smaller RC ships are wonderful and make you feel special. I have always enjoyed my time on them and will book another in the near future. My family and I are thinking about the Panama Canal for our trip next. We were initially going on this trip but the kids wanted to try the latest and greatest but alas, it was a disappointment. I will say one thing, Freedomís cruise director, Richard Spacey, was hilarious. My husband and I really enjoyed the shows and found him even funnier than the actual comedians. Our overall trip on Freedom was fun but like I said initially, itís too crowded to fully enjoy the things I like best about RC. I hope you enjoy your family reunion. Best wishes!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 PM

I just wanted to thank AKMom for her review of her experience on Freedom. While I'm sure the good outweighs the bad, I hadn't thought about the downside of cruising on such a large, innovative ship. My fiance and I are thinking about saving our $ to cruise on the Freedom, and while we probably still will, I'm glad to have forewarning that the experience may not be as personal as we are accustomed to on the smaller ships.

As for overall quality of service, we cruised the Caribbean on Jewel of the Seas in December and were only disappointed by a few things. Our room steward was not the friendliest fellow this time around, but he took good care of us. We made friends with a particular bartender who told us that a room steward is one of the most unsavory positions on the ship, so we didn't hold anything against him after hearing that. We never got the breakfast we ordered in our stateroom one morning, which was disappointing, but we figured that some bratty kid must have stolen the order off our door knob before it was picked up.

The biggest disappointment was that we encountered one very humorless cocktail waitress in the Scooner Bar. She asked to see my Seapass every time she waited on us, when surely we thought she would remember me after the 4th or 5th time. Not to mention, we were having drinks with my 50-something parents on two of those occasions! (Also annoying was the fact that my brother is younger than me, but he was never asked for his card.) She even rolled her eyes at me when I (politely) expressed surprise at being carded... AGAIN. Eventually we stopped ordering from her and ordered from another waitress instead... whom we always left a fat tip for.

But all in all, nothing happened that would prevent us from cruising Royal Caribbean again. I've never cruised any other line because I am always so satisfied with their service.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:16 PM

When and if you're not happy with service on a RCCL ship, ask whom ever is giving you poor service for their name, then tell them you want to make sure that you fill out the comment card correctly. If you would have gone to the bar manager I'm sure you would have gotten some free drinks. If nothing else, the people on the cruise after yours will be treated a little better.

Sonny
Old 07-26-2007, 05:17 PM

Sonny, we'll definitely do that next time (though hopefully there won't be one). I'm not much of a complainer, and we were having such a great time otherwise that I didn't even think about talking to the bar manager. We could have made use of some free drinks. We made sure to make mention of her on our comment card, though.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Good! I'm glad you did fill out a comment card about her. Sounds like she had an attitude, which is something I don't have much tolerance for.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
bartender, intimate, rccl