Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 09:41 AM

We are doing two week long cruises back to back. ie, Western then Eastern, on Explorer,and wonder if anyone could tell us what happens on the 'turnaround' day in Miami. We would like to take the opportunity to explore Miami, but what time roughly will we be off the ship? Is arranging an excursion out of the question? If so, we were thinking it might be a good time to relax aboard anyway. But are we required by immigration to leave the ship and then re-board?
Old 06-04-2005, 06:15 AM

As a back to back cruise guest you will be permitted to leave the ship anytime after the ship has been cleared (you can be off the ship with the first set of disembarking passengers). You will certainly have time to explore Miami. You just need to be back on board 1 hour before departure. You also have the option of just staying onboard - you will not be required to leave the ship unless you choose to do so.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-05-2005, 05:22 PM

NANCY,
I KNOW YOU ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THESE THINGS, BUT WE JUST SAILED THE EXPLORER THIS MAY, AND OUR TABLEMATES WERE REQUIRED TO DISEMBARK, GO THROUGH IMMIGRATION, AND COME BACK ON THE SHIP. THEY WERE TOLD THEY COULD NOT STAY ONBOARD. THEY WERE DOING THE SAME B2B AS TED. NOT SURE IF THIS IS NEW, BUT ITS WHAT THEY HAD TO DO. THEY ALSO MADE THEM SWITCH CABINS TOO. THE COUPLE NEVER DID GET AN ANSWER AS TO WHY. HOPE THIS HELPS.

CURT & VAL
RADDISON-1 TIME
RCI-EXPLORER 05/08/2005 NEXT
Old 06-05-2005, 06:54 PM

I have done several back-to-backs with a cabin change and have never been required to leave the ship. Usually, the staff will move your stuff from one cabin to next and that is about it. However, I have never done a back-to-back on the Explorer. Perhaps this is the ship's policy?

(Oooops, I just reread your message and I would suspect that everyone would be required to clear immigration if a U.S. port were preceded by an International port) It makes tons of sense to me.

Tom
Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 AM

Norsemen & Tom,
Thanks for responding to this question. My experience has been that B2B's were not required to leave the ship, but Tom's explanation as to why it would happen in this instance clears up the matter. Thanks to both of you for helping to set the record straight.

Ted,
Even if you do have to disembark & go through immigration, you will still have time to explore Miami if you wish.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-19-2005, 07:45 AM

We are particularily interested in the Everglades excursion. But notice this drops people back at Miami airport, assuming this is the end of their cruise. Also worried that we may not be off ship in plenty of time etc, etc. Is there any way of booking an excursion through RCI aound the Miami region that will bring us back to the port? If not, any other suggestions?
Old 06-19-2005, 08:51 AM

Since RC guarantees that they will have people to the Miami airport in time for a 3 PM flight, you might want to consider taking the ship's tour and grabbing a taxi from the airport for the short distance back to the ship - and still be back on board in time for the second cruise. The shore excursion would most likely begin around 9 AM. If for some reason, there was an extended delay in disembarkation, they would cancel the excursion rather than take a chance on getting guests to the airport too late.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-20-2005, 03:26 AM

Thanks Nancy.
That sounds like a good plan then. Any ideas how much a taxi would cost us from the airport to the port?
Old 06-20-2005, 04:51 AM

Seafaring Ted,
The cost of a taxi from the Miami Airport to the Cruise Port will be about $20.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-20-2005, 04:58 AM

Thanks again Nancy.

Closed Thread

Tags
disembarking, miami