Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 PM

We'll be driving ourselves to Port Canaveral in a rental car, which hubby will be returning before we check in. Is it best to arrive early and board with "first wave"? Or wait till mid-afternoon and miss initial crowds????
Old 01-25-2005, 07:14 PM

We'll be driving ourselves to Port Canaveral in a rental car, which hubby will be returning before we check in. Is it best to arrive early and board with "first wave"? Or wait till mid-afternoon and miss initial crowds????
Old 01-25-2005, 07:48 PM

I have aways enjoyed arrivibg early, as I do most everywhere. Arriving at noon, you are either one of the first to board, or a short wait till boarding starts. Most lines advise a 2pm boarding time. And should you forget something important like a passport or luggage in the rental car, you have time to retrieve it.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:36 PM

We arrived around 11:30 and were able to board immediately. The earlier you get to board, the sooner you are able to begin enjoying your vacation, venturing on the ship, and enjoying the food in the Windjammer.

You may not be able to get into your room yet, so you'll just need to check back every so often... I think we accessed the room around 1:00 to 1:30.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:09 AM

I agree with both David and Kandl. I much prefer to board the ship as early as possible. This is the best time to get a chance to settle in, explore the ship, get your bearings, enjoy the buffet (sometimes if you wait to board the buffet is already shutting down). I always like to have the "lay of the land" under my belt before the lifeboat drill.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-26-2005, 06:30 AM

If I were to pick the optimum time to arrive at the cruise terminal to beard, it would be around 11:30. Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
arrive, baltimore, canaveral, caribbean, carnival, carribean, check, cruise, early, embarkation, in, latest, port, royal, time