Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2003, 10:07 PM

OUR SAILING DATE IS IN MARCH AND IT IS OUR 1ST CRUISE. WE WERE TOLD BY THE TRAVEL AGENT THAT SINCE WE WERE FLYING IN 2 DAYS EARLY, THAT RCI WOULD NOT LET US TAKE THE SHUTTLE FROM ORLANDO TO THE PORT. IS SMOKING ALLOWED IN THE STATEROOMS OR ONLY IN CERTAIN AREAS OF THE BOAT. HAS ANYONE USED THE YOUTH PROGRAMS FOR AGES FROM 9-12 YEARS OF AGE OR THEIR BABY SITTING SERVICES? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THE DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER IS? WE ARE ON THE 8TH DECK ROOM AROUND 8072 WITH A OCEAN VIEW, HOW IS THE VIEW?
Old 02-09-2003, 03:42 AM

What a great choice for a vacation. We took our children for the first time last summer, and they had plenty to do. Invest in some good walkie talkies, and let them go. The children's programs are great, but our children went and did their own thing a lot. RCCL has designated smoking areas. I have read the ventilation is not good in the staterooms so there is a thick haze. You've got a great room. When it is time to disembark you will be one of the first groups off. Trust me though - there is so much to do on a cruise that you will not be in the room much at all. You literally have to sit down every night to read the compass, and decide what your not going to do. We are going on this cruise in April. There is the Raddison Hotel at the port that offer free parking for the duration of your cruise. I guess you won't need that, but they have a shuutle to take you also. The number for the hotel is (321) 784-0000. I know you will have a wonderful time.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:23 PM

My wife and I are going on the Sovereign of the Seas in April. It'd be great to hear how your trip was.

Tom

btw--we are staying at the Radisson prior to the cruise. Also, because we are staying a few days after the cruise in Orlando, renting a car ended up being a better deal ($99 total for the entire week and we can park at the Radisson for free during the cruise). Hope you have a great time!
Old 02-24-2003, 08:22 AM

I went on the Disney boat in Jan. and Soverign of the Seas was right next to us, its a nice ship you will have a great time. I have kids 17, 12, and 4 and we have cruised 4 times and they love more than the last. We are leaving this Fri, on Magesty of the Seas which is a little newer than Soverign. Just do one thing, let the kids wear their bathing suits under their clothes because your suitcases might take a long time until they reach your cabins and they will want to swim right away on the ship. Have fun and let me know if you need anything else.

Closed Thread

Tags
dolphin, orlando, smoking