Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2006, 10:58 AM

I'm cruising on Radiance in December. My first cruise was HA in 03 and I know the liquor rules are different now. As we can't bring outside liquor on board now ,can we purchase non-duty free alcohol from the ship stores to consume in cabins (I know duty-free is held until the end of the trip)? Can we bring drinks bought in bars on the ship back to the rooms and/or wines purchase through the wine & dine plan ?
My partner and I are hoping to have a couple of meals on our balcony and I'm not sure how much the rules have changed. Don't want to get in trouble!

Thanks

Jacki
Old 10-16-2006, 01:03 PM

Hi Jacki, Marita was on board the Radiance. Here is her cruise critic.
The room service is 24h around the clock from snacks up to menus.
Maybe Marita knows something about liquor on board and in the cabin. You cab write her a PM or email: marita.o@freenet.de
Regards
Uwe
Old 10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
which radiance ship are you on?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-16-2006, 04:58 PM

Hi Jacki

First you are going on one of RCCL's best ships in my opinion. First thing is they will not let you purchase duty free and use it in you room. They will let you have it back on the last day/night of the cruise but if you open it and Customs see's it they can make you pay duty on it and it normally is not counted as part of your allowable amount to return with because it is open. We always sneek some on and everyone here has their way of doing it. They will let you buy drinks and take them back to your room. Bartenders and Bar Servers are not suppose to be in the area of guest cabins so you can't count on them for service there. I sneek my booze on in a water bottle stuffed in my shoes. The shoe hides the bottle from the scanner and protects the bottle from breaking. This is like my 40+ cruise and have never had a problem. You can get room service to your cabin but the menu is a limited menu. Whats weird is you can purchase a romantic package and they will deliver champaign to your cabin that you can drink. Any questions you have I'll be glad to help as much as I can. I have been on the Radiance by the way and I am going again in Feb 07

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-20-2006, 07:12 AM

Ceemonster, that is really nice to hear about the radiance being a nice ship, I am taking my very first cruise on the Radiance in jan. 07, I cannot wait.

RCCL Radiance 1/07
CCL Sensation 10/07
RCCL Jewel 12/07
Disney Wonder 05/08
RCCL Navigator 12/1/08
RCCL Navigator 12/6/08
RCCL Independence 01/10
RCCL Oasis sometime in 2010
Old 10-20-2006, 10:22 AM

I have been on 2 RCCL cruises and although you could not have bottled booze in the cabins, there were no restrictions on where you could take drinks after they were made. It's not like on land where there are open container rules. The only place they worry about is the kid/teen areas and even there I was never stopped (on those occassions I forgot about the ban).
Old 10-20-2006, 05:06 PM

SandyC

I really think the Radiance is probally RCCL's best ship all around ( I am going on her again on Feb 07, 2007. I know the new bigger ships have a lot to offer ice skating, surfing machine and larger crowds. First I don't ice skate and second I don't surf that well to wanna do it on a ship. Plus I fugure those "Attractions" Will be the kid areas anyway. And no everyone I do not have a problem with kids its just that I normally cruise to get away from them for awhile. (c: I still think that The Sovereign is one of their better ships also considering she is only a 3-4 day ship. ( I am going on her again on Nov 27, 2006, my 3rd time this year alone) But she was at one time their flag ship and I even think Sonny was impressed with her.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, liquor