Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2007, 10:49 AM

I'm a little confused with the RCCL alcohol policy. Do they allow you to bring your own wine aboard and charge a corkage fee in the dining room? They can store the wine for me so that would not be a problem.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:19 AM

From what I have been hearing you are not allowed any alcohol with you at all. When I called RCCL they told me definately no wine allowed, you can only purchase it in the restaurant. Not even sure if you can smuggle it in your checked bags, they seem to be more strict than Carnival & Princess. Anyway good luck.
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 01-15-2007, 09:22 AM

Just got back yesterday from the ADventure OS and here is the skinny. I bring wine with me because I am in the business and collect nice wines. While on Vacation I prefer to drink nice wines at dinner, the wine list in the past was weak on RCCL in my opinion. This time I sent my wine down to my table through room service (with a tip of coarse)so I am not carrying a bottle through the ship. When I got to my table the head waiter said they stopped allowing this and the $12 corkage charge. He allowed me to keep it that night but could not do this anymore. I called RCCL a few weeks ago and they said it was still alright, but the head waiter said they changed it months ago.
When I got back in my room I noticed a sheet of paper with ship policies (it had the Bios from of the Captain and main people on board on the front). On this sheet it clearly said that a $12 corkage fee can be charged with wine at meals only. I brought this to my HW's attention and he was very embarrassed, he generously waived any corkage fees for the remaining of the week and could not apologize enough. So I think there is confusion on the policy among the staff and ship.

On a side note the wine selections on the ship have greatly improved. They have a reserve list that gave us many nice choices when we purchased wine. The list at Portifinos was evan nicer.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, cabin, caribbean, carnival, corkage, cruise, cruiselines, drink, fee, fees, ncl, princess, rccl, royal, stateroom, wine