Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM

my wife and i will be going on our 3rd cruise with royal Caribbean at the end of Nov, it will be my wives birthday while we are away i have bought a couple of banners and balloons to put up as a surprise,

i have a couple of question

1. i have seen other people being being presented birthday cakes during their meal did they buy the cake themselves or did the ship arrange this

2. the banners and balloons do i have to do this myself or should i tip the room attendant to do it for me

3. and how much is a fair tip for pumping up 20 balloons with Happy Birthday on them

cheers
RCCI Monarch Oct 08
Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 AM

Hello odonnell72, welcome to Cruise-Chat!
Let your headwaiter know about the birthday and he will arrange having a cake; there is no charge. I believe you'll have to do your own decorating. I never heard of anyone asking their stateroom attendent to blow up balloons. It won't hurt to ask. I'd tip him $20 and ask him to hang them where you want. Happy Birthday to your wife!

Sonny
Old 11-20-2007, 12:42 PM

cheers sonny i was not expecting him/her to blow them up by puff alone i got a pump with them

we are at sea for the full day on her birthday, on these days we tend to sleep in and get room service, i think i will have to try and drag her up for breakfast.
RCCI Monarch Oct 08
Old 11-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Take her for breakfast in the main dining room. It's a lot slower, giving time for decorating.

Sonny
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 PM

You may want to consider looking through the gifts and gear section of Royal Caribbean's website to see if they have any birthday decorations that you can use to decorate your stateroom. If you order the decorations through Royal Caribbean I'm sure you could ask them to blow up the balloons.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 PM

On the Gifts and Gear section of the RC website, you may order decorations for your stateroom and other things, like cake, wine, etc.

My brother and I ordered a bottle of wine to be delivered to our parents' room last time, and upon ordering, they gave the option of having it set up in the room prior to arrival, or choosing a certain night and time to present it in the dining room. This was also an option for the cakes.

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09

Closed Thread

Tags
balloons, birthday, birthdays, caribbean, cruise, decorate, decorated, decorations, notify, rcci, rccl, room, royal, service, ship, stateroom