Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Has anyone ever used those wrist bands that put pressure on your pressure points to combat sea sickness on a cruise? Do they work?
Patty
Old 07-07-2006, 11:08 AM

i dont get sea sicknessz at all. but there are some little round stickers i "sea" people put behind their ears. mostly everyone on the cruises i have been on uses them so they must wrok. i even think i heard sum1 say that they given them out in the infirmary
Old 07-07-2006, 11:16 AM

My wife tried the wristband... didn't work for her. She wears transderm scop patches behind her ear which works no matter how rough the seas get. You can ask you doctor for a prescription for them. You should put it on a day before sailing and change it every three days. They don't make her sleepy.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:19 AM

You can also try ginger, it's a natural remedy.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:23 AM

Try what ever, but when the seas get rough, and you get sick, you better know what works for you. Once you do get sick, nothing will help.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:06 PM

I take Bonine. I get very sea sick but with Bonine I could stay for a week on a small scuba diving boat and not get sick. It is a small, berry flavored, chewable available in any drug store or Walmart.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:12 PM

We went on a cruise last April (Rhasody of the Seas)7 nights... Ship was actually pretty stable and calm, but at my own fault i think i was watching outside the window of our dining room table and sitting in the opposite direction of the ship which was making me feel very uneasy.... Long story short, i made a quick trip to the room to put on the patch after being on the boat for several hours. Next morning i woke up and felt like i had overdosed on Benadryl or Tylenol PM. Went on with the day and by dinner time again I could not read the menu. I wear contacts so I went back to the room, to take them out and put on my glasses, hoping maybe they were just dirty or I had them in the wrong eye. No --- my eyes were still blurry and somewhat crossed. After reading on the package, this is a rare occurence, but one that obviously affected me. Just use caution when using them, Im sure some people use them without any problems. I myself will be trying something else like dramamine or the bracelet or just hanging in there until i get my "sea legs" i guess....

Rhonda
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 PM

My wife tried them on Voyager and they (the bands)worked for her. She's pretty prone to motion sickness and she was really happy with them. As I said in an earlier post.....she wasn't impressed of how they went with her dress on the formal nights.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 07-07-2006, 11:46 PM

I am sold on Biobands. As they're black, they even blend in on formal nights. They can be worn in water and work for water sports as well as cruising. I use them now for flying...anything that might cause motion sickness. Scopalomine patches have side effects and aren't worth it for me. Dramamine puts me to sleep, so I LOVE these bands. Good luck!
Old 07-09-2006, 11:14 AM

just got off the enchantment!!! everytthing was great except i got sick 1 night...

Closed Thread

Tags
bands, caribbean, carribbean, carribean, combat, cruise, royal, sea, sick, sickness