Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2005, 06:30 AM

Airt's thread about the Legend of the Seas 14 day Med cruise has me wondering about the Vision class.

According to an RCCL Fleet Guide that I have, the Legend of the Seas, with an inaugural of May 16, 1995, was the first of a series of six ships, now referred to by RCI as The Vision Class. The Splendour and The Grandeur followed in 1996; the Rhapsody and the Enchantment came in 1997; the Vision--May 2, 1998. It is interesting to me that this class of ship is not called the Legend Class.

My question: Does anyone know why RCI chose The Enchantment of the Seas (# 5 of 6) to be the ship in this series to receive the grand stretch and overhaul?

Thanks!

Lana
Old 08-29-2005, 05:46 AM

Lana...I don't know how they chose which one to extend, that ship is a bit newer, that could be the reason. However, I have also heard that there will be some changes made on the Legend as well... to expand some areas and bring it more up to date with the newer ships. I do know for fact, having just sailed on the Legend, that the reason it is called vision class is because of all the glass and the amazing views it offers.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, inaugural, legend, seas