Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 PM

when we order room service, do we tip the person who brings it personally,at that time? or at the end when we tip every one else? - - also, about how long do they take to bring it to you? and does your soda pass count for room service?

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 PM

when we order room service, do we tip the person who brings it personally,at that time? or at the end when we tip every one else? - - also, about how long do they take to bring it to you? and does your soda pass count for room service?

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 09-21-2007, 03:33 AM

Hi Younique,
Having only ordered room service for breakfast, I can't help you with the soda pass question.

We always hang our request for breakfast on the door the night before and then in the morning they call your stateroom just minutes (seconds?) before delivery. My experience has been they are ALWAYS right on time.

Yes, you should tip the person delivering it, at the time of delivery. This is usually someone you will never see again on the cruise.
Hope this helps.
Moonie
Old 09-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Administrator

It doesn't specifically say so in RCI's Drink Package Information, but since room service isn't mentioned I'd say the soda package isn't allowed when ordering room service. I do know that Carnival specifically says the soda card doesn't work for room service, and I assume RCI is the same way.

Always have some dollar bills on hand when you cruise. I'd tip room service $2 or so for each time they deliver something - more if it is a large order. Room service is usually quite prompt, but don't order something and then forget about it. I've seen too many people order breakfast on the night before, and then not get out of bed for when they requested the food to be delivered. You'll see. Lots of trays sitting outside cabin doors with all the food getting cold.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:37 PM

FYI, on the Empress of the Seas there was no room service for breakfast on the last day. I almost put the request on our door the night before but thought I'd call to see if they were delivering breakfast that day and they were not. Don't know if it's the same on other ships.

Agutaya
Old 09-22-2007, 01:23 PM

That was the case on my last cruise so the breakfast buffet was quite crowded. Get there early if you need to be one of the first to disembark.

Navigator of the Seas 2010
Serenade of the Seas 2009, 2011
Eurodam 2008
Maasdam 2007
Amsterdam 2006
Zuiderdam 2004
Old 09-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Administrator

They don't do room service on that last morning because of many factors, not least of which is the logistical nightmare given the prospect of "many" cabins wanting room service breakfast on that last morning. It would be an impossible situation to contend with, especially on the Freedom class ships. Plus the room service staff gets pressed into service on moving luggage on debarkation morning.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:06 AM

thank you, i kind of figured that they wouldnt do room service on the last day, i just wanted to know if we tipped the person who brought the food to us "right then and there" when they bring your food or later? but some one answered for me- thnak you

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread