Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 AM

Has anyone gotten a massage in Labadee? I'm interested in knowing how much they are, if it seems to be a nice cabana that is relaxing, or more uncomfortable because it is out in the open?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:33 AM

I'm sure they're wonderful, but I just can't bring myself to let a stranger do that to me. However, I'll bet it would be relaxing!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I did it on Fanning Island with NCL back in 2004. At that time, and on that cruiseline, I paid $50 dollars for a 30 minute massage. It was wonderful... I laid so that my head was toward the ocean - so, before I literally fell asleep from the pure relaxation, it was so much nicer than looking at the floor and/or walls of the massage room on board. I'm sure you won't be totally out in the open; the massage table(s) will most likely be set up in a tent and set up out of the way of major traffic. I usually treat myself to a massage on every cruise ~ however, I'm jumping the gun this year and getting one next Monday ! I'm psyched. I don't know what it will cost on Labadee - but if you like to get massages, and aren't concerned about the "public" location, I would say "go for it". How often will you get a massage on a beach?
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Administrator

The RCI massage tents are secluded and have sheer curtains which allow the passenger to look out. They don't allow people near the area unless they are on the massage schedule.

I don't do them, but they appear popular. The price is probably north of $100, not including tip. I believe you have to sign up aboard the ship. No walk-ups on Labadee.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Gee, that why I bring my wife with....for a massage....oh, it's me giving her one on the beach...Nevermind...

Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 AM

How much does RCCL charge on the ship?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 AM

Dave, it's about the same. However, watch your daily paper, they run specials. Usually on port days they'll offer discounts for spa services.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM

Yes, hubby & I did. We got a couples massage and LOVED it. I think it ran just over $200, plus tip. It was super. It actually started to drizzle. We got to enjoy the sound of the rain and the ocean waves. We couldn't have ordered a better time. Suggestion - if you choose to do this, go to the Spa right after boarding to get your best shot at getting a convenient time slot.

Enjoy
Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 02-25-2009, 04:17 AM
Hi, Just voicing my opinion, I found the spa treatments on the ship very expensive and they didnt always run the full length of time. I went for a massage on the beach in Cozumel in a little tent where you could see the sea, it was fabulous and worked out very inexpensive apx a dollar a minute which as you know is for nothing.

the ship can be expensive but you might like the comfort of the spa

enjoy

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cabana, cabanas, caribbean, couples, cruise, haiti, labadee, labradee, massage, massages, ocean, reviews, royal, spa