Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:46 AM

Hello, I really don't know what to ask for, but my friend mentioned this, so I thought I would ask.

It has something to do with person riding in a seat, and being pulled along by ropes, or sliding along a cable way up in the air. They say the "sight" you see/taking pictures, is just out of the world.

Does anyone know what I am talking about or how we go about finding out who does this?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:15 AM

This sounds like Parasailing. Parasailing is where a boat pulls you. You sit in a seat, suspended by a huge parasail (chute). As the boat takes off and goes faster, the parasail fills with air and starts to lift you up off the ground. It is great fun, and a wonderful photo opportunity. I have seen parasailing listed in the shore excursions on the RCCL website, for $75, if memory serves me correct. That is very expensive, but at least you definately get a spot resevered for you. You can more than likely get a cheaper ride, if you just show up, but then you assume they have availability for you. In Mazatlan, I was able to walk up and get a ride for $25, after bargaining with them. Maybe google the ports you are going to, for parasailing companys, to see if you can book on line. Good luck. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-09-2007, 01:16 PM

Thanks Lil' Lori. I'll try to check that out.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to do this? The reason I ask is we are touring with COSOL for abut 4 1/2 hours in the early morning. Maybe we could do it in the afternoon.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 PM

If you go up just yourself, where you get in the seat on land, while the boat waits off in the water, it should only take about 15 minutes. From lift off to drop off. Sometimes, they load a boat up with a bunch of people, and they launch you from the boat, from a platform, out in open water. The platform in on the boat, so you never get wet. The platform water launch takes much longer, because you are all waiting for each other to finish, before you go back to shore. Hope this helps, Lil' Lori

Old 04-09-2007, 02:03 PM

In regard to my quetion, someone said it might be "Zipline tour." Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I want (if possible) to do this in St. Lucia, as it is so beautiful there.

If anyone can tell me about this of how to go about seeing about it, or the cost, I would appreciate it.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Well, now that you mention it, it does sound like a zipline tour. I love to parasail, so when you described it, I immediately thought of parasailing. Oh well, now everyone who did not know what parasailing is, now knows. My husband and stepson ziplined in jamaica. They loved it. I didn't want to, too scary for me. I'll go a few hundred feet above the ocean, being pulled by a boat. But, the thought of swinging through trees, or walking over suspension bridges makes me cringe. Enjoy whatever you do. Lil' Lori

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Thank you Lil' Lori. It sounds like fun. I guess my main concern would be the cost.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:56 PM

Well now that you sort of described what Ziplining is, I think that is what it was. I don't know if I would want to do that also. I guess we'll have to ask a LOT of questions before we decide to take the "plunge."

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carribbean, cruise, forum, long, parasail, parasailing, parisailing, pic, product, review, reviews, royal, seat, show, takes