Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2008, 06:56 PM

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas in January 2009.

I read some of the previous posts about her, but there weren't any recent ones. I am just wondering if anyone has sailed on her recently and what the ship was like.

Our cabin number is 9558 and hopefully is a good location.

What class ship is this?

Thank you for your help!

Nadine
Old 07-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

The Jewel is a Radiance class ship, which is perhaps the best class of the "smaller" ships in the RCI fleet. Lots of stuff to do aboard. Jewel Of The Seas
Old 07-07-2008, 08:07 AM

Thank you, Dave. I sure had a "senior moment" when I wrote this. Never thought about checking that website to see what class it was! We were on the Radiance a couple years ago and really loved the ship, so I know we will like this one.

We chose this cruise because of the itinerary, but we weren't familiar with the ship. I feel good now about our decision.

Thanks again!

Nadine
Old 07-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Administrator

If you want a confusing moment, try figuring out the Vision Class - it is really composed of a couple sub-classes and even within the sub-classes there are differences. And the "class" is named for the newest ship within the class!

Read more about the Vision Class here
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 PM

I went to the link and it's mind boggling!! It's also interesting. That's one of the many neat things about this forum--finding new websites that increase my knowledge of cruising. The more I learn, the more I love it!

Thanks.

Nadine
Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 PM

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. There is plenty to do aboard her. The eleavators on the port side are glass enclosed and give you a breath- taking look out to sea. Look for the flamingo's on the top deck of the ship when you go the the Vortex lounge or the Odyssey. The solarium has yummy crepes and look for the seaview cafe, it's on deck 12 aft just above the windjammer. The windjammer on deck 11 has out door seating, if the weather is good it's nice to sit and relax watching the wake or whats going on in port.

Gail

Fantasy - Bahamas 4/96
Rhaposdy OTS - S Caribbean 11/97
Jewel OTS - Europe 9/07
Mariner OTS - Caribbean 10/08
Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 AM

We were on jewel OTS in Feb. loved her like all the othr Radiance class ships. Just the right size for us, and after you have been one one ofthem you'll remember the layout when you go on the others. Those big ships with the "malls" are nice but nothing can compare to the Radiance class!!

Emerald Princess-11/30/08
Celebrity Century-1/8/09
Old 07-23-2008, 12:16 PM

Thank you Gail and Jeanne.

I am so excited about the trip! That's the thing with cruising--every trip is exciting!

Nadine
Old 07-24-2008, 04:56 AM

The Radiance class ships are now our favorites. We sailed on both the Jewel (Canada / New England) and the Radiance (Alaska). They are the prettiest ships in the fleet IMHO. Also the crew on the Jewel are awesome. They will take very good care of you.

Enjoy your trip.

RA

Closed Thread

Tags
9558, cabin, carribean, forum, jewel, location, lounge, royal, seas, vortex