Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 05:36 AM

We are first time cruisers and have heard the Mariner is one of the best. This is our 30th anniversary and any experienced people who can give us some tips about what to expect, what to do, etc., would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:34 AM

We took MOS 5/6 and it was our first cruise ever and I hate to tell you but you will be HOOKED! The down side is once you cruise this ship, you'll never want to cruise anything smaller. Our first night out we had a bad storm (70 mph winds). Yes, there was rocking, but even still, not nearly as bad as i would have thought.

My best suggestion (and it worked for us) was get a cabin mid ship, both in deck height and front to back. Sure helps with a smooth ride. And we splurged for the balcony and LOVED it.

Also, you will want to over pack. Don't. Go ahead and remove some of your packing. Use their laundry services. Hubby over packed and still used their services. 2 shirts, 1 pair of shorts and tip was $10. And that was 24 hour turn around. Not bad!

Pace yourself, enjoy and you'll have a great time.

Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 05-24-2007, 10:56 AM

Hello Frankwarren, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I booked the Mariner for September. It's our 40th wedding anniversary. We booked a balcony midship on deck 9. Our first Royal Caribbean cruise was in 1997 and we loved it. I don't think you have to worry about being hooked though, this September cruise will only be our 37th Royal Cribbean cruise and we're still not hooked. You can expect an AWESOME vacation. Make sure you DON'T miss the ice show.

Sonny
Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 AM
SonnyV I do believe you are in denial you are hooked, a 12 step program is in the future for you. Just joking about the 12 step program but you are hooked dear..LOL

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 AM

We cruised on Mariner of the Seas in Sept 2005. Best cruise ever! Because of the hurricanes, it turned into a 9 day cruise instead of a 7 day cruise. Can't beat that.

You'll love this ship. So many things to do. The ice skating show was fabulous.

Lanie
Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 AM
LanieB my sister was on that very cruise I remember that year because I was so afraid for her thinking crazy things about cruising. My sister till this day loves cruising and now so do I.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-25-2007, 06:03 PM

Spritfilled, I think I got my years mixed up. I believe that cruise was in 2004, or whichever year Florida had all those hurricanes.

SonnyV, saying you're not hooked on cruising is like saying it ain't hot & humid in Louisiana. Sonny, you're hooked as a codfish.

Lanie

Closed Thread

Tags
2007, 2008, deck, facilities, forum, front, july, laundry, mariner, reviews, seas, service, things