Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 02:08 PM

My fiance and I are looking at doing a balcony room. From some pics I have seen they do not have open areas. It looks like a hole cut out of metal. Is this correct?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM

Hi Maria, welcome to Cruise-Chat. That hole cut out of metal is a balcony. There are floor to ceiling glass doors, a great view and fresh sea breezes. There are seats and a table there, you sound disappointed in them. I'm not sure what you mean by open areas. They are open but not to your neighbors balcony or above.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Try here.webshots
Old 01-25-2008, 10:38 AM

The last time I was on the Adventure I was in cabin 8622, which is an E-1 balcony cabin. Here is a picture of the balcony...

Unless you have a suite, this is what your balcony will look like. The room is small, but efficient. Here is a picture...

A (D-1) catagory is only a foot wider than an E-1.

Most everyone will tell you that you don't spend much time is your cabin, which is true. In my opinion, spending more money for a suite isn't really worth it. To some, booking a suite is the only way to go; especially if the size of the cabin is important.

Sonny
Old 01-25-2008, 11:05 AM

Sonny you always come through with the perfect photo for every occasion, bravo! I've posted before about the difference in the deck 6 balcony cabins. That photo is the perfect oppt'y to describe the diff. On deck 6 the steel opening is cut to the lower portion of that handrail. No glass view below, about 2 feet more steel and the railing is mounted on the top of that higher steel shelf.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 AM

I have to say, the balcony on the Carnival Miracle was much nicer just because the ledge is all glass - gives you a better view, and less of a "cave" feel.

But I am in the middle of booking a deck 8 balcony room on the Adventure, so obviously it doesn't bother me all that much.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:23 PM
^^^^
I have never being on the AOS in a balcony cabin, but the way I see it is a bigger balcony than most of Carnival ships,
Also the only time I was on the AOS I booked a interior cabin with view to the promenade is cheaper and you can see the differents activities you have on the AOS street that's a good option also.

I always like book a balcony on Carnival, is cheaper than RCCL, because of that beautiful sea at night...you will enjoy it
Old 01-25-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
Sonny you always come through with the perfect photo for every occasion, bravo! I've posted before about the difference in the deck 6 balcony cabins. That photo is the perfect oppt'y to describe the diff. On deck 6 the steel opening is cut to the lower portion of that handrail. No glass view below, about 2 feet more steel and the railing is mounted on the top of that higher steel shelf.

Cheers, Neil
So if you are sitting on a deck 6 balcony can you see out to the sea? Is that true of all the voyager class ships?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:51 PM

The only time I had a deck 6 V-Class balcony was on AOS. I'm assuming since they are all sister ships and i believe all constructed the same it will apply on all the Voyager Class. You can still see fine at a distance but can't see down towad the water unless standing. I wish RCCL would add a disclaimer about it for deck 6 cabins but they don't consider it an obstructed view. There are multiple categories of cabins, E2 and E3 as well as D1 and D3 balconies on deck 6. They're the same cost as the same category balcony on higher decks. Another good reason to book early so you can choose your location.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Thanks Neil, I finally got it.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, balcony, cabin, cabins, cruise, norwegian, photo, pictures, room, rooms, sea, seas, serenade, ship, voyager