Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 AM

Hey yall! We are cruising Feb.19 on the Mariner and I have just a few questions. We are bringing our 9 and 10 year olds and I am not sure how to pack for this. Are each of us allowed a carry on and a purse or backpack? So my husband could carry on the garment bag with our formal wear, I could roll on an airline approved carry on and the children could bring their backpacks IN ADDITION to the larger suitcases that we check? I know this seems silly to most of you, but with two children this age I have learned to always be prepared. I also wanted clarification on medical services on the ship. Will there be medical Drs. on the ship that can issue antibiotics should the need arise? There seems to be bronchitis going around school and I would hate to get to sea and need something like that for the kids. Last question, what is the appropriate attire for children on casual night in the dining room? Thanks in advance for your responses!!! We are so EXCITED. Any tips or information in addition will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:21 PM

You can carry onto the ship the same things the airlines allow you to carry on. A backpack for each child, a garment bag for your husband and a rollabaord for you should be fine. Your checked luggage will be delivered to your cabin at some point during that first day onboard.

There is a doctor on the ship who can treat bronchitis if need be. Please be aware, however, that medical services, medicines, etc., are all an extra charge, just like if you went to see a doctor at home. Depending on the type of medical insurance you have, you may or may not be able to recover the expenses.

Children can dress in anything other than shorts during the casual nights in the dining room. Slacks and shirts will be fine, for both boys and girls.

Sandy
Old 02-07-2006, 04:04 PM

Hi We have just returned from the Mariner. Had a fantastic time, the ship was beautiful. With regards to carryon luggage, they are not strict about what you carry as long as you can manage. We reached the port at 12:00 and were in our suite at 12:30 after checkin which was pretty quick. The rest of our luggage arrived at about 2:30. We had enough of time to go around and check the ship, have lunch before it set sail. The charges for ironing is very reasonable so if you have to iron your formals do not worry about costs. We have an 8 yr old gilr who loved it and loved the kids club. She used to eat with us everyday in the dinning room and then would go to the kids club as she had more fun there then come with us to the shows. Everyone was friendly and it was not too crowded. Our only dissapointment was we did not stop at Grand Cayman. The waves were high so the tender service was not running. I was disappointed because there were about 6 ships there as well, all the ships waited but ours turned around straight away. I think Royal Carribean should look at compensating thier clients when they do that because they have saved a lot of money on port charges etc that they would have charged us. We were looking forward to doing the Sting ray city that we had booked through captain marvins. If you have not booked your onshore excursions as yet book them online through private individuals as they are half the price as the ones sold on the ship and much better. Hope you'll have a great cruise.
Val

Closed Thread

Tags
mariner, timer