Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2003, 12:54 PM

Any one out there done the Wine and Dine program? Is it worth the money or is the wine they offer just plain bad? We are celebrating my birthday as well as my husband getting his MBA. We also like to have wine with out dinner. Any suggestions? Can we bring our own bottle for each night and pay the corking fee? Won't we look like a couple of lushes dragging our wine along? LOL
Old 05-31-2003, 12:54 PM

Any one out there done the Wine and Dine program? Is it worth the money or is the wine they offer just plain bad? We are celebrating my birthday as well as my husband getting his MBA. We also like to have wine with out dinner. Any suggestions? Can we bring our own bottle for each night and pay the corking fee? Won't we look like a couple of lushes dragging our wine along? LOL
Old 06-01-2003, 11:57 AM

I have a question concerning the wine and dine program. What is it? I have been reading about it on the site, but clueless of what it is. I just went on a royal cruise in January and didn't know that they had a wine and dine program. Thanks for explanation.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:30 PM

I'm an avid wine drinker and I know RCCL has a wine and dine program, but I didn't go for it because they only had a limited selection to the wines they offer. Some may be to your liking and some may not. I didn't like the committment besides, I wasn't sure I wanted wine every evening, especially ones I wasn't too crazy about. Their program is more for convenience. Although the price may be an attraction, some of the same bottles offered on the program can cost 3 times as much had you had ordered the bottle of the regular wine list. The nice thing about their offer is that you can take home the remaining bottles you haven't used and when you do open a bottle, they keep it chilled each evening during dinner until it is all used up.

Here's RCCL's wine and dine program:

The Wine & Dine program offers an easy to read four-page pamphlet of white, blush, red and sparkling wines. The wines' labels are listed on cut-out panels that lift and reveal a description of the wine's taste and characteristics. For example, the Burlwood Chardonay is described as: "Crisp apple-pear fruit and spice with a pleasant smoky finish -- medium bodied." The Wine & Dine package offers a selection of wines comparable to any upscale restaurant and is affordably priced for each evening at approximately $12 a bottle plus gratuity. We started this program two years ago and it has proven very popular.

For the perfect wine to compliment a meal, wine connoisseur Robert Mondavi has personally selected wines to complement each evening's entree. Mondavi Selects includes two glasses of wine with dinner each evening of the cruise, at $8 per person per day plus gratuity, and features domestic and international wines like Chateauneuf du Pape, Pouilly Fuisse and Robert Mondavi's, Woodbridge Chardonay.

There's much more detail to the wine and dine program, but you will find out more about it when you arrive on the ship. Here is RCCL's policy on brining your own alcohol:

Guests who purchase liquor onboard a Royal Caribbean International vessel from one of our gifts shops, for in-cabin consumption, will be sold the liquor at an in-cabin consumption rate (non-duty free rate which is comparable to retail rates), which in turn can be taken immediately to their cabin.

If a guest decides that they would like to purchase duty free liquor from any of our gift shops, then they will pay the duty free price and their respective liquor purchase will be delivered to their stateroom on the last night of their voyage.

In addition, any liquor purchases that are made by a guest in a land based location, will be stored onboard when they enter the vessel, and will be delivered to their stateroom on the last night of their voyage.

For those guests who bring wine and champagne to celebrate a special occasion onboard, these products will be tagged and stored by our personnel, and delivered to the guest stateroom or their dining venue, as per their request. If these special wines or champagnes are consumed in our dining room or specialty restaurants, or in the Windjammer Cafe for casual dining, a corkage fee of $8 per bottle will apply.

Here is RCCL's drink card offer:

Royal Cocktail Card
The program is available to all guests twenty-one (21) years of age and up and may be purchased at all bars and lounges. This entitles the holder to twelve (12) house/call brand cocktails, domestic beer and house wine by-the-glass.

Exclusions: Premium brand and super premium brand liquors, full bottles of water, liquor and wine, cabin sales. Non applicable to mini bar consumption, room service and Champagne bar.

Charge per card is $39.00 plus a 15% service charge.

Hope all of this helps.

Amy
Old 06-02-2003, 07:06 AM

Thank you, Amy.

I never knew Royal had the wine program. We are avid wine drinkers also. We did, almost, every night have a glass of wine with dinner. I know the next time we will purchase the drink card.
Did you like the drink card option? It sounds more economical.

Thanks again.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:52 AM

Thanks Amy..

You have been a great help.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, bringing, caribbean, carribean, corking, cost, cruise, dine, fee, lines, norwegian, program, rccl, rcl, royal, stateroom, wine