Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM

Hello to all professional cruisers. I will be going on my first cruise in Oct for the 5 day/Bermuda trip on the Explorer of the Seas. I have NO idea what type of clothing is needed. Can anyone help? I understand the daytime temp is around 75ish. Do I need formal dress for dinner each night? Shorts? Pants? All suggestions are appreciated.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:06 AM

Welcome to cruise chat, CAD1223!! This is copied and pasted straight form the RCCL website-----
Onboard attire...
Shorts, t-shirts, slacks, trousers, casual skirts, blouses and sundresses are all perfect during the day, whether indoors or out.

For lounging by the pool, pack two bathing suits (an extra suit in case the other is wet) and a pair of casual shoes (e.g., flip-flops, sandals, sneakers). You'll also need some casual shorts and a couple of t-shirts or a cover-up for getting to and from the pool areas.

If you're planning to visit our onboard fitness center, be sure to bring extra shorts, t-shirts and socks that you won't mind working out in - plus a pair of tennis or running shoes/sneakers.

Dinner attire...
Meals in the main dining room follow this schedule: 3-, 4- and 5-night cruises: one formal night; the remainder of nights are casual
6-, 7- and 9-night cruises: two formal nights, one smart casual and the remainder of nights casual
10- to 13-night cruises: two formal nights, two smart casual and the remainder of nights casual
14+-night cruises: three formal nights, four smart casual and the remainder of nights casual

For formal nights you'll need cocktail dresses for women, suits and ties - or tuxedos - for men. And for the smart casual nights bring dresses or pantsuit for women, jackets for men.

Remember, shorts, T-shirts, and bathing suits are not considered appropriate attire in the dining rooms at dinner. Casual dress dining is available nightly in the Windjammer Cafe. And be aware you'll also need smart casual attire for some of our specialty restaurants.

We also offer tuxedo rentals for formal dinners and special occasions.

Onshore attire...
You'll need comfortable walking shoes, as well as a hat and sunscreen for protection from the sun.

If you are cruising to Northern Europe or Alaska, remember that nights on deck can be cool. Bring sweaters, jackets and long pants. And if you'll be touring any museums, cathedrals or churches, it's always wise to dress conservatively. You may also want to bring a raincoat, hiking shoes and a travel umbrella. And don't forget your swimsuit - it may be cool outside but it's always warm in our Solarium.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:02 PM
CAD1223 Welcome to Cruise Chat I just wanted to say have a great cruise.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-18-2007, 03:36 PM

Congrats on your first cruise Cad. We all hd to start somewhere! You will love Explorer of the Seas. She is a beautiful ship. I thought it was too big but we went on the Freedom of the Seas this past April & she doesn't seem oversized anymore! My suggestion to you is to find a landmark (a picture for example) so that you can tell which direction you need to go. It's very easy to be at the wrong end of the ship when you are trying to get to your cabin!
Try not to overpack. I always seem to bring more than I need. But do remember the umbrella. If you happen to need it you'll be glad you did. Have a great cruise & tell us all about it when you return.
Drlivingston you sound like a brochure for the cruiseline.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-19-2007, 06:18 PM

Welcome CAD1223,and I must aggree with AllyGirl- you MUST remember to take an umbrella. On our cruise down south, it rained almost every day (not all day, just quick pouring rain). But trust me, you'll want that umbrella at some point during the cruise. Also, DO NOT overpack. Otherwise, your room can feel sort of cramped and messey. Just take what you need. Hope you have a great cruise!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 AM
I agree Don't over pack I did and didn't wear many out fits I brought I will know better next time.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by drlivingston:
Quote:
Casual dress dining is available nightly in the Windjammer Cafe.

...but leave your freakin' baseball cap in your stateroom.
(Not from RCCL's website.)
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
...but leave your freakin' baseball cap in your stateroom.
(Not from RCCL's website.)
And, for the love of God, PLEASE avoid wearing the speedo's through the buffet lines.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:17 AM
ILL ILL ILL

Old 07-20-2007, 11:09 AM

clothes are so overrated, just go naked lol

but since some people consider that rude.......... the less clothing the better. the caribbean has 2 suns so wear a swimsuit 24 hrs a day

Closed Thread

Tags
april, clothes, clothing, ype