Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 07:48 AM

My formal dresses are sleeveless. We will be on the Mariner in December- do they keep the dining room really cold? I am wondering if I should buy some type of wrap.
Thanks-

Palladium Resorts
Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 AM

I was on the Mariner in May. I thought the dining room was very comfortable. We ate there everynight except one and never found it to be cold.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 AM

this is my usuall problem! i'm always cold and all my formal dresses are open! it gets cold not only in the dinning room but everywhere on the ship! but...we 'women' always want to look good and show off our new dress! just get a drink, then order some soup, and you should be fine! If you are planning to go to the theater before or after the dinner you might need a sweater or wrap in there, its COLD! i always get my husbands jacket....
have a great cruise!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:20 AM

I'm always cold on board. It's probably because I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, but anything below 80 and I'm freezing. I have a sweater cape that I take on every cruise. To have my picture take, I take it off, but the rest of the night it's a life saver. They keep the ships at a comfortable temperature for most people, but to me it's cold. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:51 PM

That's what I was thinking...I'm glad I asked because I could not enjoy the show or dinner if I am freezing- that would be all I would be thinking about.
Thanks to all of you for your input!!!!

Palladium Resorts
Old 10-18-2006, 05:05 PM

You can buy a shawl in the gift shops onboard for $10. They have a variety of colors. Everyone's body temperature is different. So it's hard to say if you will be cold or not. But I definetely would pack a dressy sweater or you can buy the shawl.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:18 PM

Hi again cotefamily

My experience is that the room is a normal body temp. I am naturally warmer I think from living as a child in the Carolina Mountains. But I have lived in Central Florida for about 30 years. Most formal type wear have half sweaters or shawls as they call them in the colder areas I see a lot of ladies with those on cruises especially on formal type nights. Its also consider proper for your hubby to let you wear his sports jacket, jacket or coat (whatever he's wearing over his shirt), so you might consider that option for the shows, etc. I think you will be fine anyway. Just go and have a great time and you will.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews

Closed Thread