Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 02:34 PM

I had read a while back that if you hadn't already, you should see the helipad on the SOTS ship.

Does anyone know anything about his or have seen it before, and just exactly is it? Is it worth taking the time to see? Is it where a helicopter lands?

Well one more week , and we're off to wild/blue waters.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:07 PM
We were just on the Voyager of the Seas and they used the Helipad to transport an injured passenger.....The Coast Guard flew in and took her off....there was a Wave Runner accident on Labadee...the Helipad is a nice place to go and sit...VERY WINDY....on the Voyager, you could go right up to the bow and look over. Just one of the little extras to do on the ship.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:50 PM

The helipad is at the bow (front) of the ship. It's what a helicopter lands on. Take a look...CLICK HERE .

Sonny
Old 04-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Oh thank you for the picture, I think I will check that out. It looks (it may be windy, but....)so nice and serene.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM

Hi! Just got back from the Serenade. You can get to the helipad from Deck 5. Just go forward and then up the stairs. It is worth it to go there, especially when you leave St. Lucia. We went down between the Pitons, but weren't able to go into that bay and do the Piton Pivot due to the fact that locals had their little boats right next to our ship (wanted people to throw money overboard for them to dive for), and the captain was worried about their safety.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed ** the things that you didn't do than ** the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain

My cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 PM

Yes, we got back from the Serenade a little over a week ago (I will try to give a report later), and we did find the Helipad without a lot of trouble. I cannot remember what island we were stationed at the time when we went to search it out, but the view was awesome, and I took pictures of the town, and they turned out real good.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, caribbean, cruise, crusise, helicopter, helipad, heliport, it, landing, large, pad, photos, royal, seas, serenade, ship, voyager