Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Is it hard to get pool side chairs on the Grandeur. Should we go early and put towels on them to reserver or can we tip someone to do that for us? We had a problem on the Conquest, looked like everyone got up at 5:00 am to reserve their spots.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Administrator

I wish you hadn't asked this, and I hate to appear rude in my response, but here goes:

This is a peeve of mine (of many people, in fact) - people who think it is okay to put some personal item on a chair and go off to do other things thinking they have a right to the chair for the day. Reserving chairs is against the rules - on any cruise line. You will not find any employee willing to do it for you no matter how much you try to tip them. A personal hero of mine was the pool attendant on the Mariner Of The Seas who would watch people do this and then he'd saunter over and remove their towel/book/flipflops from the chair.

Don't do it.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:34 AM

Dave is 100% correct on this. It's O.K. to leave a towel over your lounge chair if you're in the pool or hot tub, or going up to the bar to get a drink. If everyone obeyed the rules, there would be enough chairs for everyone using the pool area. If someone in your group is saving a few chairs by sitting by them for a while is a little different then just putting a towel or something on them and walking away. Sometimes my wife will save a chair next to her while she is soaking up the rays, and she knows I'm coming up to the pool area.

Sonny
Old 02-12-2007, 08:43 AM

I agree with you about holding chairs. But on the Carnival Conquest, it was unbelievable how many did this. Thanks for information.

Closed Thread