Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2006, 12:07 PM

I am so fed up with receiving different answers from different people on the 866# from RC as well as from my travel agent. It seems like every time I call up to find out if there are any specials (which is the ONLY way to know the specials) each RC rep. gives me a different story. When I called the other day after seeing another topic on this chat site refering to the discount her cruise had, the RC lady said there was nothing for my cruise at this time, but to check back on Tuesday's before noon because every Tuesday before noon is "Happy Hour" with specials each week. (Something NOBODY has ever mentioned before from RC or the travel agent.) So this morning when I called to see what the "happy hour" special was, I was told there is no such thing- that RC has ramdom specials that change from day to day??? Also she said since I booked through a travel agent, I needed to check with them, not RC. So at that point I called the travel agent who told me that the specials are indeed on Tuesday, but that they run all day, not just until noon. What is the deal??? Does anyone know the secret code that I seem to be missing??? By the way, I just called my travel agent again for something, and a different person took the call. This person said that RC does the specials on Wednesday!!!! I give up!!

Palladium Resorts
Old 08-08-2006, 12:48 PM

I have called about price reductions and saved 910.00 on our Empress cruise to Bermuda in July '06. When I would notice a drop in price on the RC website, I would call, and we would get the discount. We had a *guarantee* room, (first time with a guarantee) and would do it again. Found that the specials don't last long, so when you notice a drop..call..remember its YOUR money..
Old 08-08-2006, 02:25 PM

cotefamily,
I call the Crown and Anchor desk for information about discounts. 800-526-9723. Try it and let us know if they were helpful.
Every Tuesday IS happy hour. There will be discounts on certain ships and sailings.

Sonny
Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 PM

i just called the Crown and anchor desk and was told it was happy hour tuesday.the rates they quoted me was for new bookings only.she said they were trying to fill up the ship with happy hour tuesday.she also said i could upgrade from an inside to outside for another $30 dollars total on the same deck.not sure what im going to do yet.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 AM

I booked an inside smal room on the Navigator. I saw they were offering $50 up grades. I was able to upgrade to a Balcony and only I paid for inside cabin price. Check all the time and then call your travel agent. I saved over $800. If I would have book a balcany from the start I would have paid a lot more.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:36 PM

$30 to get to an outside cabin is worth it.. ask about the cost to get to a balcony..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
2010, agent, caribbean, code, codes, cruise, cruze, norwegian, royal, secret, travel