Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 12:01 AM

My father and I are scheduled to go on the Navigator of the Seas in a few weeks, and I just have a couple of questions regarding the Ice Skating onboard the ship.

1) I myself am an Ice Skater. Would I be allowed to bring my own skates, or do I have to use theirs?

2) Since I am a skater, I am used to wearing skating clothes while skating. Do I have to wear the long pants and socks that they require? I've got those thick skating tights and everything.

Thanks for all of your help!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:08 AM

When I cruised on the Navigator last month, there was a couple (passengers) who were good skaters who had on their own skates. I think they do require you to wear long pants, though. Their skates were pretty 'stiff' so if you want to skate lots, and you can bring your own-do it. Be aware, it is a small rink and quite crowded, so you may not want to skate as much as you originally thought! Also, don't get discouraged or worried about open skating while on board--they didn't offer it until the last couple days of our cruise (I was getting worried that it wasn't available at all!). At any rate--how fun to ice skate on a cruise ship! You will have a blast!

Jodi

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-21-2008, 07:39 AM
We were on the Voyager and at times nobody was skating...so you could have had the ice to yourself....Don't forget to go see the ice show...it's very very good...Bring your own skates of you want...you would be disapppointed in the Ships skates....Enjoy the skating and the cruising...

Bob E
Old 02-22-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
1) I myself am an Ice Skater. Would I be allowed to bring my own skates, or do I have to use theirs?

2) Since I am a skater, I am used to wearing skating clothes while skating. Do I have to wear the long pants and socks that they require? I've got those thick skating tights and everything.
By all means bring your own skates. While long pants are suggested, you being a skilled skater you should be OK with your gear. On our cruise on Freedom last year, I saw a few kids who were skaters & they had their own gear. Bring long pants just in case..

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-22-2008, 08:36 PM

So I don't have to wear the long pants? I will bring a pair just in case, though. That's a good idea.

Another question. I just watched this video on YouTube of some people taking a lesson onboard one of the ships. They were all wearing helmets and kneepads. Does everyone have to wear them? I'm thinking about possibly going to a class/lesson on the ship (if they have them), and I was just curious.

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
We were on the Voyager and at times nobody was skating...so you could have had the ice to yourself....Don't forget to go see the ice show...it's very very good...Bring your own skates of you want...you would be disapppointed in the Ships skates....Enjoy the skating and the cruising...

Bob E
Do you remember about when that was when they had the skating? Was it on a port day or at the beginning or end of a session? I would like to know, as I think it would be fun to be on the ice when no-one was skating, although, I an in no way expecting that to happen.

Another question. When they have the general skating times, are the show skaters out or somethig too?

We get on the ship a week from tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 10:27 AM

You do have to sign a waiver but you do not have to wear the saftey gear. I had never skated before & I didn'n wear them. Check with Studio B when you board, (I think that's what it's called) about skate times & days. Have fun & enjoy your cruise!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM

Sign a waiver for what? Not to wear the helmet?
Old 02-23-2008, 12:17 PM

The waiver is basically telling you that you are skating at your own risk. Just like parasailing or bungee jumping. You cannot hold anyone liable should you get hurt.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 02-23-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AllyGirl:
The waiver is basically telling you that you are skating at your own risk. Just like parasailing or bungee jumping. You cannot hold anyone liable should you get hurt.

haha. I'm perfectly ok with that because god knows how many times I've gotten hurt with skating. haha
Old 02-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Well, it was my first time on ice EVER and I have to say I didn't fall not one time!! I did get going a little fast for my comfort so I ran into the wall. It was fun & I plan to skate again on our up coming cruise!!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, bringing, caribbean, cruise, cruises, ice, navigator, powered, royal, ship, show, skate, skates, skating, vbulletin